Business
June 04, 2020
Weak Governance and Political Interference Are Major Factors Stifling The Growth Of Nigerian Airlines - Chris Azu Aligbe

Nigerian Airlines will continue to experience challenges and sustainability issues if the issues of weak corporate governance and undue political interference are not addressed. The CEO of Belujane Konzult Mr Chris Azu Aligbe an Aviation consult highlighted this as a guest on the 49th edition of the WebTV "Economy and Politics" show which discussed "Repositioning Nigeria's Aviation Industry".


He called on the government and industry stakeholders to learn from nations like Ethiopia and South Africa who have developed frameworks that provides governance and limits political interference in their airlines, which is one of the major reasons they are thriving and have been sustainable in business operations.


On the issue of a National Carrier like the "Nigerian Air" he called on the government to explore a 5% ownership with guarantees and enabling policy environment provided, while leaving the remaining 95% for foreign technical partnership.



Watch Video Courtesy WebTVNG

 

Related News

1. Chris Azu Aligbe To Speak On Repositioning Nigeria's Aviation Industry On WebTV Tomorrow

November 28, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 896 VIEWS
November 25, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 751 VIEWS
November 25, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 640 VIEWS
November 24, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 731 VIEWS
November 18, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1433 VIEWS
November 17, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1129 VIEWS
November 14, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1440 VIEWS
November 11, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1311 VIEWS
November 10, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1161 VIEWS
November 05, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1585 VIEWS
November 04, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1452 VIEWS
November 03, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1409 VIEWS
October 31, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1621 VIEWS
October 28, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1274 VIEWS
October 27, 2021
Proshare Video
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter 1420 VIEWS
Latest News
November 30, 2021
November 30, 2021
November 30, 2021
GALLERY
November 19, 2021
Proshare Video
Album: FSDH MERCHANT BANK WOMEN IN BUSINESS INITIATIVE INAUGURAL EVENT THEMED "THE FUTURE FOCUSED WOMAN"
SCROLL TO TOP