The Central Bank Of Nigeria in response to the change of the leadership in First Bank, without its approval through its Governor Mr. Godwin Emefiele held a press briefing.
Mr Emefiele citing issues of insider dealings wielded the powers of BOFIA 2020 to announce a change in the board of FBN Holdings Plc.
The CBN Governor announced Mr Remi Babalola as the new Chairman of FBN Holdings Plc to replace Dr. Oba Otudeko and reinstated Dr. Adesola Adeduntan as MD of First Bank.
Watch Video Courtesy WebTV NG
1. Of First Bank and Bad Debtors; A System's Throbbing Headache
2. FBN Holdings Writes NGX on Recent Developments in First Bank and FBN HoldCo
3. CBN Removes Boards of First Bank of Nigeria, FBN Holdings; Appoints New Chairmen
4. PDF: CBN Scope, Conditions And Minimum Standards For Commercial Banks Regulations NO. 01, 2010
5. PDF: Guidelines For Licensing And Regulation Of Financial Holding Companies In Nigeria
6. PDF: CBN GovernorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Statement on the Purported Management Change at the First Bank of Nigeria Ltd
7. FBNH Appoints Mr. Gbenga Shobo as Managing Director Alongside New Executive Directors
8. FirstBank's New Board Appointments, CBN Reacts
9. FBN's Change of Guards; Adeduntan Passes Baton to Shobo
10. FBNH Announces The Appointment of Alhaji Yakubu Wanka As A Non-Executive Director Of First Bank
11. Firstbank CEO, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, Becomes A Member of Bretton Woods Committee
12. FirstBank Appoints Mrs. Oluwande Muoyo as a Non-Executive Director
13. FBNH Announces the Resignation of Mrs. Oluwande Muoyo As An Independent Non-Executive Director
14. Adesola Adeduntan, CEO, Firstbank - How to Do Well by Doing Good
15. FirstBank's Adesola Adeduntan Bags 'Best Chief Executive Officer' Award
16. FBNH Appoints Mr. Muhammad K. Ahmad as Non-Executive Director
17. FBNH Appoints Omatseyin Akene and Bosede Adebola as Directors
18. FBNH Appoints Dr Hamzat Sule as Independent Non-Executive Director
19. FBNHoldings Appoints Ariyibi to FBNQuest Capital, Borodo to FBNQuest Trustees Boards
20. First Bank strengthens Board, appoints Bayo Adelabu as Executive Director