Friday, April 13, 2018 /09:27 PM / NASD Plc
The Week in Review
The NASD OTC Market ends the week in with an increase in market metrics, as the NASD USI decreased by 1.41%, closing at 665.79 points (as against 656.55 points last Friday). Consequently, total market capitalisation gained 1.41% this week, closing higher at ₦450.56 billion compared to ₦444.30 billion last Friday.
The NASD OTC Market ends the week in with a decrease in market metrics, as the NASD USI decreased by 1.09%, closing at 656.55 points (as against 663.82 points last Friday). Consequently, total market capitalisation shed 1.09% this week, closing lower at
N444.30 billion compared to N449.23 billion last Friday.
First Review of NASD OTC Securities to Hold In April 2018
Last year, we commenced a classification of NASD OTC admitted securities into categories that reflect the level of financial disclosure, adherence to corporate governance standards, dematerialisation of shares and liquidity of the 36 securities trading on the OTC Market. At the end of this exercise, Twelve (12) Securities were ranked in the Blue Category, Eight (8) in the Pink Category, and Fifteen (15) were in the Red Category.
In line with efforts to promote transparency, NASD will conduct a first review of all securities on the OTC Market on Friday, 27 April 2018. This review will update the categorisation rankings in response to changes in compliance levels.
We believe that this service will enhance transparency on the inherent value in such companies, improve levels of investor confidence and also, improve activities on the OTC Market.
Top Performing Participating Institutions
Market in Numbers (YTD)
1. SEC Reviews Code of Corporate Governance for All Public Companies
2. SEC Corporate Governance Scorecard Now Applies to All Public Companies in Nigeria, NASD Inclusive
3. NASD USI Gains 0.15% WoW
4. NASD USI Gains 0.23% WoW
5. NASD USI Loses 0.29% ;Volume of Shares traded increase 300% wow
6. NASD USI Sheds -1.67% WoW
7. Where is NASD in the ERGP?
8. CSCS in Investors'' Good Books
9. NASD OTC Market Sustains Positive Momentum; USI Up by 3.70% WoW
10. NASD USI Up by 0.38% WoW
11. NASD USI Up by 3.40% WoW
12. NASD USI Down by -1.00% WoW
13. NASD USI Up by 2.00% WoW
14. Coronation Securities Ltd, Apel Assets Ltd lead 2017 OTC Market Transactions by Value and Volume Res
15. Mass Telecom Innovation Plc (MTI) Now Trading on the OTC Market
16. NASD Relaunches BITs Trading Platform
17. NASD Security Categorisation Methodology
18. NASD introduces its Enterprise Portal to Capital Market Operators
19. NASD OTC Introduces its Enterprise Portal to Market Stakeholders
20. Introducing NASD OTC "BLUE" Securities
21. NASD USI Down by -0.4% WoW
22. NASD USI Down by -1.60% WoW
23. NASD USI Up by 0.10% WoW
24. New Policy On Stock Promotion, Establishing Best Practices To Enhance Market Transparency Released
25. NASD USI Up by 1.31% WoW