Thursday, November 30, 2017 /7:00 PM /
NASD OTC Securities Exchange recently commenced a classification of admitted securites by level of disclosure, corporate governance and financial responsibility. Classifications are:
Blue Category: shares of companies with a history of sound financial performance. These companies display a high level of corporate governance by timely disclosure of their financial statements, regular communication with shareholders and meet the minimum requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Pink Category: shares of companies that do not comply with the minimum disclosure and reporting requirements of SEC and NASD. Companies in this category may not have current information available to the public.
Blue Category Securities:
As at Thursday, 30 November, 2017, Twelve (12) out of Thirty-Four (34) securities met the criteria for the Blue Category, representing 32% of the securities admitted to trade on the OTC Market. These securities account for 18% of the Volume and 91% of the Value traded on the OTC Market year-to-date.
Invitation to NASD CEO's Forum
We are pleased to invite ALL CEO's of NASD registered Participating Institutions to the third edition of the CEO’s forum where we share Market Development activities and address any issues or concerns in the OTC market within our Community. Details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 5 December 2017
Venue: Meeting Room 3, Westwood Hotel, 22, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
The Week in Review
NASD closed its trading day on Friday 30, November 2017 lower compared to last Friday. The Market Capitalisation shed 0.55% this week, closing lower at ₦406.03 billion against ₦408.30 billion previously. The NASD USI also decreased by 0.55% this week, closing at 599.99 points, as against 600.70 points last Friday.
NASD OTC Securities Exchange currently trades Equity and Bonds. Of the 34 securities admitted to trade on the OTC Market, Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria PLC both led the market by volume and value.
Top Performing Participating Institutions
Our community consists of 233 Authorised Traders, representing 129 Participating Institutions..
Market in Numbers (YTD)
2. NASD USI Down by -1.60% WoW
3. NASD USI Up by 0.10% WoW
4. New Policy On Stock Promotion, Establishing Best Practices To Enhance Market Transparency Released
5. NASD USI Up by 1.31% WoW
6. Investments and Securities Tribunal Visits NASD
7. NASD USI Up by 1.06% WoW
8. CR Services Plc Set to Float Rights Issue
9. NASD USI Down by -0.55% WoW
10. NASD USI Up by +0.98% WoW
11. Stakeholders call for deepening of Nigeria’s Debt Capital Market, to achieve growth
12. NASD USI Up by +0.5% WoW
13. NASD USI Down by -1.0% WoW
14. Lighthouse Financial Services Plc Admitted to Trade on NASD OTC
15. NASD USI Down by -2.4% WoW
16. NASD USI Down by -0.3% WoW
17. NASD USI down by -2.0% WoW
18. NASD USI Up by +1.4% WoW
19. Niger Delta in Investors' Good Books
20. NASD USI Down by -1% WoW
21. FMDQ lists N5bl first tranche of Pioneer Nigeria Infrastructure Debt Fund
22. Give Them Cash, Will They Thrive?
23. NASD USI Down by -1.5% WoW
24. FMDQ holds 5th AGM, Records $5bl OTC FX Futures worth of Contracts in 2016
25. NASD Analyst Call: Crown Natures Plc engages market on planned N1.6bl capital raising
26. Invitation of Expression of Interest from NASD OTC Securities Exchange
27. New Security Admitted to NASD OTC