Friday, August 04, 2017 6:39PM / NASD Plc
This week, shareholders of Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) PLC received the Report of the Directors on the Company’s performance in the 2016 business year at the 3rd Annual General Meeting of the Company.
NMRC achieved strong financial performance despite the harsh economic operating conditions in the year. Gross earnings for the period grew 65% to ₦5.2 billion (previously ₦3.13 billion), while Profits before Tax increased 164% to ₦1.29 billion (previously ₦487 million).
NMRC has transformed the Nigerian mortgage market system, by introducing a technology infrastructure that provides an end-to-end solution for the housing finance market. Directors have reiterated commitment to the Company’s long term growth strategy of putting structures in place to make home ownership a reality for all Nigerians.
Key performance metrics include:
Earnings per share: ₦0.72 (2015: ₦0.27)
Return on Equity: 15%
Market Capitalisation: ₦8.02 billion
Enterprise Value: ₦38.57 billion
Current Price on NASD OTC Market: ₦4.55
The Week in Review
NASD closed its trading day on Friday 4 August 2017 lower compared to last Friday. The Market Capitalisation closed the week 2% lower at ₦407.75 billionagainst ₦416.34 billion previously. The NASD USI shed 2% this week, closing at602.53 points, as against 615.23 points last Friday.
NASD OTC Securities Exchange currently trades Equity and Bonds. Of the 34 securities admitted to trade on the OTC Market, Vital Products Plc led the market this week by Volume and Value respectively.
Top Performing Participating Institutions
Our community consists of 232 Authorised Traders, representing 128 Participating Institutions.
Market in Numbers (Year-to-Date)
1. Niger Delta in Investors' Good Books
2. NASD USI Down by -1% WoW
3. FMDQ lists N5bl first tranche of Pioneer Nigeria Infrastructure Debt Fund
4. Give Them Cash, Will They Thrive?
5. NASD USI Down by -1.5% WoW
6. FMDQ holds 5th AGM, Records $5bl OTC FX Futures worth of Contracts in 2016
7. NASD Analyst Call: Crown Natures Plc engages market on planned N1.6bl capital raising
8. Invitation of Expression of Interest from NASD OTC Securities Exchange
9. New Security Admitted to NASD OTC
10. Can we be Optimistic on our Economic Expectation?
11. Perspectives of The Capital Market on Nigeria's Growth
12. NASD USI Up by +0.58% WoW
13. NASD USI Down by -1.25% WoW