Monday, August 08, 2016 6:09pm /NASD OTC
NASD Plc and Proshare Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier Economic and Financial Information Hub, on 2 August 2016 demonstrated their organisation’s commitment towards promoting transparency in the Nigerian Capital market following the formal execution of a Memorandum of Understanding [MoU] which amongst others outlines the terms for the publication of information related to the OTC market to investors.
It is expected that with the increase in credible information distribution on the NASD OTC Market, investors will be better equipped to make informed decisions on the market.
New Participating Institution Joins the NASD OTC Market
The NASD OTC community continues to grow as a new Participating Institution, Fidelity Finance Company Limited, was approved on the OTC Market this week. The registration of the firm as Broker/Dealer on the Market brings the total number of Participating Institutions to one hundred and sixteen (116).
We wish them successful trading on the NASD OTC platform.
New security admitted to trade: NASD Plc.
The securities of NASD Plc have been admitted to trade on the OTC Market and were introduced by Cashcraft Securities Limited. The security is now represented by the code SDNASDPLC on the OTC Market which signifies that it can be freely traded. This new addition brings to the total number of securities to 30.
Unlisted Securities Index
As at Friday, 5 August, 2016, the index closed at 661.73.
Frequently Asked Questions of the Week
What is Proshare Nigeria Limited?
PROSHARE Nigeria was founded in December 2006 as a niche news and analysis service. It has grown to become Nigeria’s No#1 Financial Information Hub; with key focus on markets, business, personal finance, economy, start-ups, technology and regulation. Its key proposition is the delivery of a service that is credible, reliable and timely.
How will the MoU between NASD and Proshare benefit the Market?
Through the signing of the MoU, investors can take advantage of real-time market and corporate information related to the OTC market and its listed companies, that will be available on www.proshareng.com. This will aid aid price discovery and decision making. It will also enhance transparency of activities on the NASD OTC Market.
Top 5 Trading Securities (YTD) - By Volume
Top 5 Trading Securities (YTD) - By Value
Top 10 Participating Institutions By Value- as at 5th August, 2016
Top 10 Participating Institutions By Volume- as at 5th August, 2016
Market in Numbers (YTD- 5 AUGUST, 2016)
Closing Prices As At 5 August, 2016
Macroeconomic Data As At 5 August, 2016
†- National Bureau of Statistics
‡- Central Bank of Nigeria
1. Proshare and NASD Plc form strategic partnership to boost the Nigerian Financial Market
2. NASD OTC Signs MoU with the League Management Company
3. NASD records positive returns on its index
4. Technology and The OTC Market
5. NetOTC Announces Decision to put its Initiative for Margining Non-Cleared OTC Derivatives on Hold
6. AFRILAND Records Revenue Growth despite Challenges; Pays 40k per share
7. The World Federation Of Exchanges Releases 2015 Derivatives IOMA Market Survey
8. Dispute Resolution in the OTC Market
9. Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company Plc shares approved for trading on NASD OTC10. NASD hosts CEOs of participating institutions..PAC Securities Limited joins top 10 by Value & Volume