Friday, October 14, 2016/ 4.58pm /NASD Plc
The OTC market grew in size and structure in the 3rd quarter [“Q3”] of 2016. At the end of the quarter, 31 securities traded on the NASD OTC market as against 28 securities in the previous quarter.
Admitted Securities market capitalisation on the NASD OTC Market stood at ₦411.28 billion at the end of Q3 2016. This was represented by 111.28 billion shares in issue out of which only 18.40 billion shares are dematerialised (16.54%).
A total of 84.70 million shares worth ₦704.87 million were traded in 1996 deals in Q3, 2016 [330.02million units worth ₦1.35 billion traded in 1418 deals in the preceeding quarter]. The volume and value of securities traded decreased by 74.33% and 47.76% respectively.
The market registered an average deal volume and value of 42.44 units and ₦0.353 million respectively in Q3, 2016.Resourcery Plc and FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc led the market with 57.87% and 59.62% respectively of the value traded during the period
A total of 4.17 million shares worth ₦3.27 billion were traded in 27 deals in Q3 2016. The number of authorised traders increased with seven (7) new Authorised Traders inducted during the quarter bringing the total number of Authorised Traders registered by their sponsoring firms to 215.
The number of participating institutions also increased with three (3) new Participating Institutions (PIs) approved during the quarter, bringing the total number of participating institutions to 118.
1. Increased Participation in the OTC Market Space
2. FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc - Security Performance as at Q3, 2016
3. NASD OTC Monthly Market Summary – September 2016
4. Nigeria's Assets: Sells and Holds
5. New Authorised Traders Admitted to NASD OTC Market
6. New Participating Institution (PI) Admitted to the NASD OTC Market
7. Air Liquide Plc Starts Trading on the OTC Market
8. What is Happening to the Airlines?
9. Desperate times are calling for desperate measures!
10. OTC Market Receives Volume Traction Even as the Economy Slows