Friday, October 07, 2016 10:15am / NASD Plc
The market capitalization of admitted securities on the NASD OTC Market as at September 2016 stood at ₦411.28 billion, represented by 111.28 billion shares in issue out of which only 18.40 billion shares (16.54%) have been dematerialised.
The dematerialised volume of 18.40 billion shares represents an increase of 4.31% on the previous level of 17.64 billion shares.
A total of 53.30 million shares worth ₦233.04 million were traded in 280 deals in September 2016 [11.02 million units worth ₦137.47 million traded in 765 deals in the preceding month].
The volume and value traded decreased by 402.08% and 69.51% respectively as compared to the previous month.
The equities market was led by Resourcery Plc and Friesland Campina WAMCO Nigeria Plc which accounted for 88.61% and 81.56% respectively of the volume and value traded.
A total of 100,000 shares worth ₦100 million were traded in 2 deal in September 2016 compared to 530 units worth ₦530,000 traded in 1 deal in the preceding month.
The Market recorded a negative monthly return on the index as reflected in the downward movement of the Unlisted Securities Index (USI-Market Cap).
The USI closed at 618.93 points as against 649.73 points in the previous month, representing a decrease of 4.70% MoM.
1. Nigeria's Assets: Sells and Holds
2. New Authorised Traders Admitted to NASD OTC Market
3. New Participating Institution (PI) Admitted to the NASD OTC Market
4. Air Liquide Plc Starts Trading on the OTC Market
5. What is Happening to the Airlines?
6. Desperate times are calling for desperate measures!
7. OTC Market Receives Volume Traction Even as the Economy Slows
8. FrieslandCampina WAMCO Signs MoU with Federal Government
9. NASD Plc Signs MoU with Proshare Nigeria Limited
10. Proshare and NASD Plc form strategic partnership to boost the Nigerian Financial Market