Friday, April 13, 2018 /09:50 AM / NBS
The Transport fare watch report for March 2018 covers the following categories namely bus journey within the city per drop constant route ; bus journey intercity, state route, charge per person; air fare charge for specified routes single journey; journey by motorcycle (Okada) per drop; and water way passenger transport.
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey within the city decreased by -6.32% month-on-month and 26.05% year-on-year to N160.99 in March 2018 from N171.85 in February 2018. States with highest bus journey fare within city were Abuja FCT (N350.00), Cross River (N270.00) and Abia (N250.00) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city were Bauchi (N80.00), Anambra (N90.00) and Plateau (N95.00).
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey intercity decreased by -5.63% month-on-month and increased by 13.78% year-on-year to N1,668.56 in March 2018 from N1,768.07 in February 2018. States with highest bus journey fare intercity were Abuja FCT (N4,150.00), Adamawa (N3,000.00) and Sokoto (N2,650.00) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city were Yobe (N1000.00), Bauchi (N971.43) and Enugu (N1000.25).
Average fare paid by air passengers for specified routes single journey decreased by 3.94% month-on-month and increased 2.27% year-on-year to N31,282.91 in March 2018 from N32,567.60 in February 2018.. States with highest air fare were Abuja FCT (N44,000.00), Edo (N39,000.00) and Lagos (N40,000.00) while States with lowest air fare were Osun (N24,000.00), Katsina (N24,000.00) and Oyo (N24,500.00).
Average fare paid by commuters for journey by motorcycle per drop decreased by 8.16% month-on-month and 3.75% year-on-year to N100.96 in March 2018 from N109.93 in February 2018. States with highest journey fare by motorcycle per drop were Enugu (N162.63), Ondo (N190.26) and Rivers (N191.67) while states with lowest journey fare by motorcycle per drop were Katsina (N51.43), Jigawa (N56.67) and Ekiti (N55.00).
Average fare paid by passengers for water way passenger transport decreased by 7.33% month-on-month and 4.93% year-on-year to N552.09 in March 2018 from N595.76 in February 2018. States with highest fare by water way passenger transport were Bayelsa (N1,916.67), Rivers (N2,000.00) and Delta (N1,520.00) while states with lowest fare by water way passenger transport were Abuja FCT (N230.00), Gombe (N175.00) and Borno (N150.00).
Click Here to Download March 2018 Transport Fare Watch PDF Report
Latest 2018 NBS Reports
1. Average Price of Tomato Decreased by -0.58% YoY in March 2018
2. Headline Inflation Drops to 13.34% in March 2018; 0.99% Lower Than February 2018 Rate
3. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – March 2018
4. Updated 2017 IGR Report – Osun State Grows IGR by 32.04% in FY 2017
1. FAAC Disburses N635.55bn in February 2018 - NBS
2. Lagos State Has The Highest Domestic and Foreign Debts as at December 2017 - NBS
3. States Generate N931.23bn as IGR in 2017 - NBS
4. Average Air Fare Increased by 1.47% MoM in February 2018 - NBS
5. Average Price of 1kg of Yam Tuber Increased by 7.10% YoY in February 2018 - NBS
6. Headline Inflation Drops to 14.33% in February 2018; 0.8% Lower Than January 2018 Rate
7. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – February 2018
8. Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano Airports Served Over 92% of Total Passengers in Q4 2017
9. 4,175 Ocean Going Vessels Recorded at Nigerian Ports in 2017
10. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2017 Estimated at $5,382.89m - NBS
11. Nigeria’s GDP Grows in Real Terms by 1.92% in Q4 and 0.83% for Full Year 2017
12. FAAC Disburses N655.18bn in January 2018 – NBS
13. N254.10bn Generated as VAT in Q4 2017 – NBS
14. Total Active Voice Subscription Increased by 3.69% in Q4 2017 – NBS
15. 18.36bn Litres of PMS Distributed State-wide in 2017 – NBS
16. 5.84m Students Enrolled in Junior Secondary Schools in 2016 - NBS
17. 2,489 Road Traffic Crashes Occurred in Q4 2017 - NBS
18. Average Air Fare Increased by 7.34% YoY in January 2018 - NBS
19. Headline Inflation Drops to 15.13% in January 2018; 0.24% Lower Than 15.37% December Rate
20. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – January 2018
21. 7.82m Workers Are Registered Under the Pension Scheme as at Q4 2017 - NBS
22. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 94,627MWh in Q4 2017 - NBS
23. Banking Sector Records 461.98m Volume of Transactions in Q4 2017 - NBS
24. 77.5m Persons Engaged in Some Sort of Economic Activities in Q3 2017 - NBS
25. Average Fare Paid by Passengers for Water Transport Increased by 6.05% MoM to N631.55 in Dec 2017
26. Average Price of 1kg of Yam Tuber Decreased by -3.67% YoY to N211.61 in December 2017 - NBS
27. Headline Inflation Drops to 15.37% in December 2017; 0.53% Lower Than 15.90% November Rate
28. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – December 2017
29. Active Voice Subscribers Dropped by 8.73% in Q3 2017 – NBS
30. Inequality in Nigeria Worsened Between 2004 and 2013 But Improved in 2016 – NBS
31. FAAC Disburses N609.96bn in December 2017 – NBS