Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter Proshare - Google+ Proshare - Linked In Proshare - RSS Feed

2,503 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in Q2 2017 - NBS

Proshare

Monday, July 31, 2017 2.15PM / NBS

The Q2 2017 road transport data reflected that 2,503 road crashes occurred in Q2 2017. Speed violation is reported as the major cause of road crashes in Q1 and it accounted for 44.44% of the total road crashes reported. Loss of control and dangerous driving followed closely as they both accounted for 12.92% and 8.06% of the total road crashes recorded.

A total of 8,270 Nigerians got injured in the road traffic crashes recorded. 7,805 of the 8,270 Nigerians that got injured, representing 94% of the figure, are adults while the remaining 465 Nigerians, representing 6% of the figure are children. 6,217 male Nigerians, representing 75%, got injured in road crashes in Q2 while 2,053 female Nigerians, representing 25%, got injured.

Similarly, a total of 1,279 Nigerians got killed in the road traffic crashes recorded in Q2. 1,207 of the 1,279 Nigerians that got killed, representing 94% of the figure, are adults while the remaining 72 Nigerians, representing 6% of the figure are children. 1,022 male Nigerians, representing 80%, got killed in road crashes in Q2 while 257 female Nigerians, representing 20% got killed.

Estimated vehicle population in Nigeria as at Q2 2017 was put at 11,506,863 with the total population of the country puts at 193,392,517 in 2016. Nigeria’s vehicle per population ratio is put 0.06. Data on the category of vehicles involved in road crashes in Q2 2017 reflected that 58.59% of vehicles are commercial (2,363), 40.22% are private (1,622), 1.14% are government (46) and the remaining are diplomat (2).

FCT Recorded the highest number of road crashes in Q2 2017 and closely followed by Kaduna and Niger States while Borno and Bayelsa States recorded the least.

A total of 218,060 national drivers licenses were produced in Q2 2017. Lagos and FCT produced the highest number of drivers’ licenses while Zamfara and Kebbi States produced the least numbers of national drivers’ license.

Similarly, a total of 110,881 vehicle number plates were produced in Q2 2017. FCT and Oyo state produced the highest number of vehicle plate numbers while Ogun and Rivers States produced the least numbers of vehicle plate numbers in Q2 2017.

Click Here to Download Q2 2017 Road Transport Data (PDF) Report

 



Latest 2017 NBS Reports


Q3 2017

1.      
Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 4,079MW in Q2 2017 - NBS
2.     
7.59m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme as at Q2’17 - NBS
3.     
FAAC Disburses N462.36bn in June 2017 - NBS
4.     
NBS Annual Abstract of Statistics 2016
5.     
Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - June 2017
6.     
Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,559.68 in Jun’17 from N1,565 in May’17
7.     
Average Price Of 1kg Of Yam Tuber Increased YoY by 32.84% in June 2017 -NBS
8.    
CPI Drops to 16.10% in June 2017, 0.15% Lower Than 16.25% May Rate

Q2 2017

9.     
FAAC Disburses N418.82bn in May 2017 - NBS
10. 
GDP By Income and Expenditure Approach – Basic Price GDP Declines by 2.3% in Q3’16 - NBS
11.  
Average Price Watch of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas - May 2017
12. 
Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,5865. in May’17 from N1,587.04 in Apr’17
13. 
Average Price Of 1kg Of Yam Tuber Increased YoY by 52.69% in May 2017 - NBS
14. 
CPI Drops to 16.25% in May 2017, 0.99% Lower Than 17.24% April Rate
15.  
N204.77bn Generated as VAT in Q1 2017 - NBS
16. 
125,790 Cases of Reported Offences Recorded in 2016 - NBS
17.  
Labour Productivity Rose to N684.43 in 2016 - NBS
18. 
Merchandise Trade Grew By 0.1% - Positive Trade Balance Due to Rising Exports & Falling Imports
19. 
Unemployment Rate Rises to 14.2% in Q4’16 from 13.9% in Q3’16 - NBS
20. 
Lagos Airport Accounted for 76.5% of International Passengers in Q1 2017 - NBS
21.  
FAAC Disburses N496.39bn in April 2017 - NBS
22. 
Banking Sector Records 304.31 mln Volume of Transaction in Q1 2017 - NBS
23. 
Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q1 2017 Estimated at $908.27m - NBS
24.  
GDP Contracts by -0.52% in Q1’17 from -1.73% in Q4’16; 5th Consecutive Quarter of Contraction
25.  
Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch – April 2017
26.  
Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,587.04 in Apr’17 from N1,466.46 in Mar’17
27.  
Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 42.45% YoY in April 2017
28.  
CPI Drops to 17.24% in April 2017, 0.02% Lower Than 17.26% March Rate
29.
Lagos, Rivers Top IGR for Full Year 2016
30.
Telecoms Subscribers Dropped by 1.33% in Q1 2017 - NBS
31. 
Nigeria Imports 4.05bn Litres of PMS in Q1 2017 - NBS
32.
Lagos State has the highest domestic and foreign debt profile in 2016 - NBS
33.
2,556 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in Q1 2017 - NBS
34.
FAAC Disburses N466.93bn in March 2017
35. 
Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 5,846 MW in Q1 2017 - NBS
36. 
Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - March 2017
37. 
Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,466.46 in Mar’17 from N1,411.87 in Feb’17
38. 
Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 63.4% YoY in March 2017
39. 
CPI Drops to 17.26% in March 2017, 0.52% Lower Than 17.78% February Rate
40. 
7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
41.  
Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS 

Q1 2017
42. 
11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
43. 
FAAC Disburses N514.15bn in February 2017
44. 
FAAC Disburses N430.16bn in January 2017
45. 
Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
46.  
Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
47.   
Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
48.  
CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
49.  
Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
50.  
NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
51.  
Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
52. 
Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
53.  
GDP Contracts by -1.30% in Q4 and -1.51% for Full Year 2016; Is Nigeria on Its Way Out of Recession?
54.  
JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
55.  
Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
56.  
Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
57.  
Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
58. 
Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
59.  
Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
60.  
CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
61.   
GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
62.  
Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
63. 
4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
64. 
19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
65.  
Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
66.  
Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
67.   
FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
68. 
Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
69. 
Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
70.
10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
71.  
Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
72.  
72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS

READ MORE:
Related News