Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:30 AM/NBS
The transport fare watch report for March 2017 covers the following categories namely bus journey within the city per drop constant route ; bus journey intercity, state route, charge per person; air fare charge for specified routes single journey; journey by motorcycle (okada) per drop; and water way passenger transport.
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey within the city increased by 3.96% month-on-month and by 56.69% year-on-year to N127.72 in March 2017 from N122.85 in February 2017.
States with highest bus journey fare within city in March 2017 were Abuja (N262.50), Cross River (N209.09) & Katsina (N196.67) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in March 2017 were Borno (N58.00), Yobe (N60) & Enugu (N72.63).
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey intercity increased by 3.87% month-on-month and 25.59% year-on-year to N1,466.46 in March 2017 from N1,411.87 in February 2017.
States with highest bus journey within city in March 2017 were Abuja (N4,500.00), Adamawa (N3,266.67) & Borno (N2,562.50) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in March 2017 were Kano (N824.00), Akwa (N892) & Abia (N775.00).
Average fare paid by air passengers for specified routes single journey dropped by 0.43% month-on-month and increased by 26.50% year-on-year to N30,587.40 in March 2017 from N30,718.10 in February 2017.
States with highest air fare in March 2017 were Edo (N40,000), Jiagawa (N40,000.11) & Akwa Ibom (N35,600) while States with lowest air fare in March 2017 were Katsina (N23,300.33), Kogi (N22,500.65) & Plateau (N25,000).
Average fare paid by commuters for journey by motorcycle per drop increased by 3.60% month-on-month and 23.41% year-on-year to N97.31 in March 2017 from N93.93 in February 2017.
States with highest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in March 2017 were Bauchi (N185.71), Rivers (N179.17) & Akwa Ibom (N164.29) while states with lowest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in March 2017 were Ekiti (N57.33), Zamfara (N52.22) & Niger (N57.78).
Average fare paid by passengers for water way passenger transport increased by 1.89% month-on-month and 17.87% year-on-year to N580.70 in March 2017 from N569.94 in February 2017.
States with highest fare by water way passenger transport in March 2017 were Bauchi (N2,128.57), Delta (N1,625.00) & Cross River (N1,500.77) while states with lowest fare by water way passenger transport in March 2017 were Abuja (N220.23), Gombe (N170.56) & Borno (N136.15).
Click Here to Download March 2017 Transport Fare Watch (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. 7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
2. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS
3. 11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
4. FAAC Disburses N514.15bn in February 2017
5. FAAC Disburses N430.16bn in January 2017
6. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
7. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
8. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
9. CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
10. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
11. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
12. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
13. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
14. GDP Contracts by -1.30% in Q4 and -1.51% for Full Year 2016; Is Nigeria on Its Way Out of Recession?
15. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
16. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
17. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
18. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
19. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
20. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
21. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
22. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
23. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
24. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
25. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
26. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
27. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
28. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
29. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
30. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
31. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
32. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
33. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
34. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS
2. 11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
3. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
4. Air turbulence due to macro challenges
5. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16