Tuesday, May 16, 2017 10:30 AM/NBS
The transport fare watch report for April 2017 covers the following categories namely bus journey within the city per drop constant route ; bus journey intercity, state route, charge per person; air fare charge for specified routes single journey; journey by motorcycle (okada) per drop; and water way passenger transport.
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey within the city increased by 5.43% month-on-month and by 59.29% year-on-year to N134.66 in April 2017 from N127.72 in March 2017.
States with highest bus journey fare within city in April 2017 were Abuja (N255.00), Cross River (N210.54) & Adamawa (N200) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in April 2017 were Enugu (N75.88), Yobe (N62.50) & Borno (N60.00).
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey intercity increased by 8.22% month-on-month and 34.21% year-on-year to N1,587.04 in April 2017 from N1,466.46 in March 2017.
States with highest bus journey within city in April 2017 were Abuja (N4,825.00), Adamawa (N3,500.00) & Borno (N2,563.64) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in April 2017 were Jigawa (N950.00), Katsina (N930.00) & Abia (N850.00).
Average fare paid by air passengers for specified routes single journey increased by 0.70% month-on-month and by 29.89% year-on-year to N30,803.03 in April 2017 from N30,587.40 in March 2017.
States with highest air fare in April 2017 were Jigawa (N40,000.11), Edo (N40,000.00) & Abuja FCT (N36,000) while States with lowest air fare in April 2017 were Katsina (N22,500.00), Kogi (N22,500.65) & Plateau (N25,000).
Average fare paid by commuters for journey by motorcycle per drop increased by 3.61% month-on-month and 14.39% year-on-year to N100.82 in April 2017 from N97.31 in March 2017.
States with highest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in April 2017 were Bayelsa (N186.00), Rivers (N184.55) & Akwa Ibom (N174.29) while states with lowest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in April 2017 were Niger (N58.57), Ekiti (N57.67) & Zamfara (N53.00).
Average fare paid by passengers for water way passenger transport increased by 2.90% month-on-month and 15.57% year-on-year to N597.56 in April 2017 from N580.70 in March 2017.
States with highest fare by water way passenger transport in April 2017 were Bayelsa (N2,133.33), Delta (N1,666.67) & Cross River (N1,650.00) while states with lowest fare by water way passenger transport in April 2017 were Abuja (N230.00), Gombe (N171.00) & Borno (N137.00).
Click Here to Download April 2017 Transport Fare Watch (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Lagos, Rivers Top IGR for Full Year 2016
2. Telecoms Subscribers Dropped by 1.33% in Q1 2017 - NBS
3. Nigeria Imports 4.05bn Litres of PMS in Q1 2017 - NBS
4. Lagos State has the highest domestic and foreign debt profile in 2016 - NBS
5. 2,556 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in Q1 2017 - NBS
6. FAAC Disburses N466.93bn in March 2017
7. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 5,846 MW in Q1 2017 - NBS
8. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - March 2017
9. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,466.46 in Mar’17 from N1,411.87 in Feb’17
10. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 63.4% YoY in March 2017
11. CPI Drops to 17.26% in March 2017, 0.52% Lower Than 17.78% February Rate
12. 7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
13. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS
14. 11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
15. FAAC Disburses N514.15bn in February 2017
16. FAAC Disburses N430.16bn in January 2017
17. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
18. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
19. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
20. CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
21. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
22. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
23. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
24. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
25. GDP Contracts by -1.30% in Q4 and -1.51% for Full Year 2016; Is Nigeria on Its Way Out of Recession?
26. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
27. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
28. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
29. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
30. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
31. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
32. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
33. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
34. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
35. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
36. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
37. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
38. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
39. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
40. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
41. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
42. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
43. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
44. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
45. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016