Monday, July 17, 2017 10:00 AM / NBS
The transport fare watch report for June 2017 covers the following categories namely bus journey within the city per drop constant route; bus journey intercity, state route, charge per person; air fare charge for specified routes single journey; journey by motorcycle (Okada) per drop; and water way passenger transport.
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey within the city increased by 0.32% month-on-month and increased by 50.19% year-on-year to N131.42 in June 2017 from N131.00 in May 2017.
States with highest bus journey fare within city in June 2017 were Abuja (N250.00), Katsina (N215) & Cross River (N211.18) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in June 2017 were Borno (N68.75), Enugu (N79.13) & Plateau (N83.75).
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey intercity decreased by 0.34% month-on-month and increased by 26.62% year-on-year to N1,559.68 in June 2017 from N1,565.00 in May 2017.
States with highest bus journey fare intercity in June 2017 were Abuja (N4,850.00), Adamawa (N3,000.00) & Borno (N2,465.15) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city in June 2017 were Kano (N901.00), Katsina (N1,00.00) & Akwa Ibom (N1,020.55).
Average fare paid by air passengers for specified routes single journey increased by 1.82% month-on-month and by 35.26% year-on-year to N32,228.55 in June 2017 from N31,651.79 in May 2017.
States with highest air fare in June 2017 were Abuja FCT (N44,000.00), Taraba (N40,550.00) & Jigawa (N40,400.17) while States with lowest air fare in June 2017 were Katsina (N24,049.38), Kogi (N23,163.57) & Ekiti (N26,057.78).
Average fare paid by commuters for journey by motorcycle per drop increased by 2.05% month-on-month and by 22.72% year-on-year to N101.53 in June 2017 from N99.49 in May 2017.
States with highest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in June 2017 were Rivers (N184.62), Bayelsa (N170.00) & Akwa Ibom (N165.55) while states with lowest journey fare by motorcycle per drop in June 2017 were Niger (N55.40), Bauchi (N58.50) & Ekiti (N58.96).
Average fare paid by passengers for water way passenger transport increased by 0.68% month-on-month and 23.50% year-on-year to N605.51 in June 2017 from N601.42 in May 2017.
States with highest fare by water way passenger transport in June 2017 were Bayelsa (N2,189.00), Rivers (N1,733.33) & Cross River (N1,655.00) while states with lowest fare by water way passenger transport in June 2017 were Kebbi (N233.07), Gombe (N173.00) & Borno (N143.50).
Click Here to Download Transport Fare Watch June 2017 CPI (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. FAAC Disburses N418.82bn in May 2017 - NBS
2. GDP By Income and Expenditure Approach – Basic Price GDP Declines by 2.3% in Q3’16 - NBS
3. Average Price Watch of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas - May 2017
4. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,5865. in May’17 from N1,587.04 in Apr’17
5. Average Price Of 1kg Of Yam Tuber Increased YoY by 52.69% in May 2017 - NBS
6. CPI Drops to 16.25% in May 2017, 0.99% Lower Than 17.24% April Rate
7. N204.77bn Generated as VAT in Q1 2017 - NBS
8. 125,790 Cases of Reported Offences Recorded in 2016 - NBS
9. Labour Productivity Rose to N684.43 in 2016 - NBS
10. Merchandise Trade Grew By 0.1% - Positive Trade Balance Due to Rising Exports & Falling Imports
11. Unemployment Rate Rises to 14.2% in Q4’16 from 13.9% in Q3’16 - NBS
12. Lagos Airport Accounted for 76.5% of International Passengers in Q1 2017 - NBS
13. FAAC Disburses N496.39bn in April 2017 - NBS
14. Banking Sector Records 304.31 mln Volume of Transaction in Q1 2017 - NBS
15. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q1 2017 Estimated at $908.27m - NBS
16. GDP Contracts by -0.52% in Q1’17 from -1.73% in Q4’16; 5th Consecutive Quarter of Contraction
17. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch – April 2017
18. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,587.04 in Apr’17 from N1,466.46 in Mar’17
19. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 42.45% YoY in April 2017
20. CPI Drops to 17.24% in April 2017, 0.02% Lower Than 17.26% March Rate
21. Lagos, Rivers Top IGR for Full Year 2016
22. Telecoms Subscribers Dropped by 1.33% in Q1 2017 - NBS
23. Nigeria Imports 4.05bn Litres of PMS in Q1 2017 - NBS
24. Lagos State has the highest domestic and foreign debt profile in 2016 - NBS
25. 2,556 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in Q1 2017 - NBS
26. FAAC Disburses N466.93bn in March 2017
27. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 5,846 MW in Q1 2017 - NBS
28. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - March 2017
29. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,466.46 in Mar’17 from N1,411.87 in Feb’17
30. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 63.4% YoY in March 2017
31. CPI Drops to 17.26% in March 2017, 0.52% Lower Than 17.78% February Rate
32. 7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
33. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS
34. 11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
35. FAAC Disburses N514.15bn in February 2017
36. FAAC Disburses N430.16bn in January 2017
37. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
38. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
39. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
40. CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
41. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
42. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
43. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
44. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
45. GDP Contracts by -1.30% in Q4 and -1.51% for Full Year 2016; Is Nigeria on Its Way Out of Recession?
46. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
47. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
48. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
49. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
50. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
51. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
52. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
53. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
54. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
55. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
56. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
57. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
58. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
59. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
60. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
61. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
62. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
63. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
64. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
65. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016