Thursday, April 18 2019 07: 05 AM / NBS
The Transport fare watch report for March 2019 covers the following categories namely bus journey within the city per drop constant route ; bus journey intercity, state route, charge per person; air fare charge for specified routes single journey; journey by motorcycle (Okada) per drop; and water way passenger transport.
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey within the city increased by 2.14% month-on-month and by 12.65% year-on-year to N181.36 in March 2019 from N177.57 in February 2019. States with highest bus journey fare within city were Zamfara (N308.57), Cross River (N280.00) and Abuja FCT (N276.67) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city were Abia (N131.75), Sokoto (N130.50) and Bauchi (N96.16).
Average fare paid by commuters for bus journey intercity increased by 2.85% month-on-month and decreased by -4.58% year-on-year to N1,592.07 in March 2019 from N1,548.01 in February 2019. States with highest bus journey fare intercity were Abuja FCT (N4,000.00), Borno (N2536.30) and Adamawa (N2,406.67) while States with lowest bus journey fare within city were Bayelsa (N1000.33), Bauchi (N983.33) and Enugu (N947.37).
Average fare paid by air passengers for specified routes single journey decreased by -0.20% month-on-month and -2.12% year-on-year to N30,620.19 in March 2019 from N30,681.93 in February 2019. States with highest air fare were Kwara (N35,200.00), Abuja FCT (N35,000.00) and Jigawa (N35,000.00) while States with lowest air fare were Nasarawa (N25,398.53), Katsina (N25,125.00), and Oyo (N25,000.00).
Average fare paid by commuters for journey by motorcycle per drop increased by 0.81% month-on-month and 15.18% year-on-year to N116.29 in March 2019 from N115.36 in February 2019. States with highest journey fare by motorcycle per drop were Ondo (N191.41), Rivers (N190.00) and Ogun (N189.23) while states with lowest journey fare by motorcycle per drop were Katsina (N55.29) Jigawa (N52.78) and Adamawa (N50.00).
Average fare paid by passengers for water way passenger transport decreased by 1.02% month-on-month and -1.62% year-on-year to N543.16 in March 2019 from N548.76 in February 2019. States with highest fare by water way passenger transport were Bayelsa (N1,900.00), Rivers (N1,750.00) and Delta (N1,501.43) while states with lowest fare by water way passenger transport were Niger (N194.96), Gombe (N170.00) and Borno (N120.00).
Here to Download March 2019 Transport Fare Watch PDF Report
Latest 2019 NBS Reports
1. Headline Inflation Increases By 11.25% YoY in March 2019; 0.06% Lower Than February 2019 Rate
2. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – March 2019
3. FAAC Disburses N619.86bn in March 2019
4. Domestic Passenger Traffic Grew By 23.19% YoY in 2018 - NBS
5. Lagos State Has The Highest Debt Profile in 2018 - NBS
6. 1.65m Applications Received By JAMB in 2018 - NBS
7. FAAC Disburses N660.37bn in February 2019
8. Nigeria Produced 55.81m Tonnes of Solid Minerals in 2018 - NBS
9. 8.41m Workers Are Registered Under The Pension Scheme As At Q42018 - NBS
10. Average Price of 1kg of Yam Tuber Decreased By -2.24% MoM to N206.48 in February 2019 - NBS
11. All Region Terms of Trade Fell -2.78% Due to a Fall in the Prices of Goods Traded in Africa - NBS
12. Average Fare Paid By Commuters Within City Increased By 1.43% MoM to N177.57 in February 2019 - NBS
13. Headline Inflation Increases By 11.31% YoY in February 2019; 0.06% Lower Than January 2019 Rate
14. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – February 2019
15. Active Voice Subscribers Grew By 6.66% in Q4 2018 - NBS
16. 2,532 Road Traffic Crashes Occurred in Q4 2018 - NBS
17. Total Trade Declined By 5.1% QoQ in Q4 2018; Rose By 42.9% YoY
18. GDP By Income and Expenditure Approach Q1 and Q2 2018 - Household Final Consumption Grew by 0.78%
19. 1.67m Customers Metered As At Q4 2018 - NBS
20. N298.01bn Generated as VAT in Q4 2018 - NBS
21. Total Value of Credit Allocated By Banks Stood At N15.13trn As At Q4 2018 - NBS
22. Average Price of 1kg of Tomato Decreased By 2.39% YoY To N265.49 in January 2019 - NBS
23. FAAC Disburses N649.19bn in January 2019
24. Average Intercity Bus Fare Decreased By -13.90% MoM To N1,541.38 in January 2019
25. Headline Inflation Increases By 11.37% YoY in January 2019; 0.07% Lower Than December 2018 Rate
26. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – January 2019
27. Total Value of Capital Importation into Nigeria Stood at $16,812.47m in 2018 – NBS
28. Nigeria’s GDP Grew By 2.38% YoY in Real Terms in Q4 2018 and 1.93% in Full Year
29. 828,502 Employees Employed By 1,110 Registered Private Guard Companies in 2018 - NBS
30. States Generate N264.38bn as IGR in Q3 2018 - NBS
31. NBS Publishes Drug Use in Nigeria 2018 Survey Report
32. FAAC Disburses N3.19trn To FG in 2018 - NBS
33. FAAC Disburses N2.38trn To FG in 2017 - NBS
34. FAAC Disburses N812.76bn in December 2018 - NBS
35. Average Price of 1kg of Tomato Decreased By -7.76% MoM To N294.36
36. Average Within City Bus Journey Fare Decreased By -5.64% MoM To N181.61
37. Headline Inflation Increases By 11.44% YoY in December 2018; 0.16% Higher Than November 2018 Rate
38. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas – December 2018