Thursday, November 21, 2019 /7:00 PM / By Wole Obayomi, KPMG / Header Image Credit: @NGRSenate
The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has
today, Thursday, 21 November 2019 passed the Finance Bill, 2019 ("the Bill")
after the third reading.
of the Bill by the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly is subsequent to the
public hearing which held on Tuesday, 19 November 2019.
In line with
legislative procedure, the Bill must also be passed by the House of
Representatives before it is presented to the President for assent.
the speed and timeliness devoted to considering this important legislation by
We also take
note of the wide representation by stakeholders including practitioners, civil
society and industry groups who were invited to make presentations on the Bill
at the public hearing.
We hope that
some of the deliberations would have been reflected in the version of the Bill
that has been passed by the Senate.
- 2019 Finance Bill: 20 Sweeping Changes To Nigeria's
Tax Laws That May Affect You
- The Key Changes In The 2019 Finance
Bill - Focus on Taxation
- TAT Judgement On Taxation Of Dividend Paid From
- Nigeria: We Live In Taxing Times!
But Should Government Increase VAT Rate?
- Companies Operating In Nigeria To Pay 0.005% Net
Profit Levy Under The NPTF (Establishment) Act 2018
- Matters Arising On VAT - Income Model vs Gross
- MTEF Review: VAT Increase Could Be A Smoke Screen
For Something Larger
- TAT - It Is Illegal To Impose Tax Based On Taxes And
Levies Act Without A Primary Taxing Law
- Companies Operating In Nigeria To Pay A New Police
- FEC Approves Increase In VAT To 7.5% From 2020, To
Seek NASS Approval For Enabling Law
- Tax 101 - How The Proposed VAT On Online
Transactions Will Affect You
- N311.94bn Generated As VAT in Q2 2019 - NBS
- LIRS Issues Public Notice on TIN Registration;
To Leverage On The Existing BVN Operations
- Increase VAT Gains through Efficient VAT Management
- Fowler Calls For Increase In VAT Collection in
- Implications Of FGN's Increase Of VAT Rate To Pay
For The New Minimum Wage
- FG Revises Excise Rates For Specific Products
- Value Added Tax Modification Order For The Power
- The Income Tax (Transfer Pricing) Regulation, 2018-
Is This A Game Changer?
- An Overview of Nigeria's 2018
Income Tax (Country By Country Reporting) Regulations
- FG to Remove VAT on Residential
Properties, Amends Company Income Tax Law
- Financial Services Agents Call On
CBN To Address Stamp Duty Charges
- RMAFC Set to Audit Deposit Money
Banks Over Stamp Duty Collections
- N50 Stamp Duty: Banks begin
execution, lists exemptions but still have many issues unanswered