Monday, January 25,
2021 / 9:00 AM / By Deloitte / Header Image Credit: Businessday
President Muhammadu Buhari, on 31 December
2020, signed into law, the 2021 Appropriation Act and the 2020 Finance Act.
The Finance Act, 2020 (the Act) amends
portions of various extant tax provisions, including that of the Personal
Income Tax Act (PITA), Cap P8, LFN, 2007 (as amended by the Personal Income Tax
(Amendment) Act, 2011).
In this article, we have highlighted some
of the major changes to PITA and how these impact payroll taxes with effect
from 1 January 2021.
Please click here to explore the detailed article.
1. Implications of Finance Act 2020 for Individuals and
2. Employer Tax Returns Due for Filing by 31st January
3. A Guide to Stamp Duties in Nigeria
4. FHC Overturns TAT Judgment on the Basis for Computing
Balancing Charge on Petroleum Assets
5. Countdown to the January 31 Deadline for Filing 2020
PAYE Tax Returns
6. FHC Upholds the Illegality of Stamp Duty Deductions
Prior to Amendment of the SDA
7. Finance Act 2020: Key Changes and Implications
8. Unclaimed Funds Trust Fund: We Can Still Get It Right
9. Exemption of Sales in the Ordinary Course of Business
10. Finance Act 2020: Unclaimed Dividends and Dormant