Tuesday, November 20, 2018 08:55 PM / Proshare Research
stocks listed between 2008 and 2018 reflected that about 81% of such stocks
trade below their listing prices and as such are in the red zone.
As at the close of trading on November 19th, 2018, seven (7)
out of forty-seven (47) stocks listed
between 2008 and 2018 on the floor of the Nigerian Stock
Exchange currently trade above their listing prices.
the list of such stocks with +155.17% gains. AFRIPRUD and OMOSAVBNK followed closely with
+135.85% and 63.64% gains respectively.
On the other hand, AFRINSURE and TANTALIZER top the list of
thirty-eight (38) stocks that are currently trading below their listing prices
with -94.55% and -94.28% losses recorded in that order.
Stocks listed in
the financial services sector dominated the list with eighteen (18) stocks and
closely followed by Services (8), Industrial Goods (5), ICT (4),
Construction/Real Estate (3), Healthcare and Oil and Gas (2) each and
Table 1: Sectors and No of Listed Companies Between 2008 and 2018
Table 2: Companies Listed Between 2008 and 2018
further and more up-to-date data and analysis, visit the Proshare MARKETS Research Aide.
1. Stocks Listed Between 2008 and 2018: 8 Out of 50 Stocks Trade Above Their Listing Prices
2. NSEASI Trades Towards 11-Month Low; YTD Loss Hits -7.44%
3. NSEASI Dips to 10-Month Low; Records -5.26% YTD Loss
4. The Newly Redesigned Proshare Market: 8 Things to Note
5. Announcing The Launch of The Newly Redesigned Proshare Markets; Replaces #TheAnalyst
6. 38 out of 47 Stocks Listed Between 2008 and 2016 Trade Below Their Listing Prices
7. Shares of AFRIPRUD is Worth Over 70% of Its Listing Price
8. 41 out of 50 Stocks listed between 2008 till Date trade in the Red Zone