Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:55 AM /NSE
United Bank of Africa Plc (UBA) successfully raised USD500 million, through a debut Eurobond, which was 240% over-subscribed. The significant investor demand reflects the strong global investor appetite for UBA’s credit and support for the Group’s pan-African financial services strategy.
The Global Offering is a five-year senior unsecured benchmark bond (144A/Reg S) listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and will further support the Group’s strategic vision, as it continues to grow its franchise across the continent and client segments.
The bond, which is rated by both Fitch (B, stable outlook) and S&P (B, stable outlook), matures in June 2022 and was issued with a coupon rate of 7.75%.
This pricing is seen by the global investor community as the best possible pricing for a debut issue from a financial institution of Nigerian origin in the current market.
Investor interest was global, including the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the United States.
Speaking on the offering, the Group Managing Director/CEO of UBA Plc, Mr. Kennedy Uzoka stated: “This successful dollar-denominated offering further illustrates global investor confidence in the strong fundamentals of our Group.
The USD500 million bonds will complement our stable funding base and support the growth of our balance sheet and the overall business. More importantly, this medium-term funding will further enhance our strength in financing profitable, impactful projects on the African continent.”
Also commenting on the Eurobond, the Group CFO, Mr Ugo Nwaghodoh said: “UBA’s debut global offering is another milestone for us. It is timely in the Group’s growth phase and aligns with our strategic plan to profitably grow the balance sheet, as we maintain our prudent risk management and benchmark asset quality ratios.”
2. UBA to Launch Up To USD500 Million Senior Unsecured Medium Term Debt Notes
3. Nigeria-Based United Bank For Africa PLC Assigned 'B and B' Ratings; Outlook Stable
4. S&P assigns ‘B/B’ ratings and stable outlook on UBA Plc
5. United Bank for Africa Plc Q1 2017 Results Underpin Outperform Rating
6. UBA Plc – PBT and PAT Advanced by 41% and 62% Respectively in Q1 2017
7. UBA Declares N23.89bn PAT in Q1 2017 Results,(SP:N5.50k)
8. UBA Plc - Notice to Shareholders on AGM
9. UBA Q4 2016 Results; Upgrades to Consensus Forecasts Likely
10. UBA Grows Profit Before Tax By 32%, Declares Final Dividend per Share of 55kobo
11. UBA Declares N72.26bn PAT in 2016 Audited Results,(SP:N5.39k)
12. UBA Issues Notification of Closed Period and Dividend Consideration
13. UBA Plc Scoops Awards in Five categories at the Global Banking Awards London
14. FO Access Bank and Others Turn to the Bond Market
15. UBA - Slight Better-Than-Expected Q3 2016 Results
16. UBA Rated Outperform Records 16 PBT Growth YoY in Q3 2016 Results
17. UBA Records Strong YTD Performance Shares Still Cheap UBA Half-Year Earnings