Notice is hereby given that the 58th Annual General Meeting of United Bank for Africa Plc will hold at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Plot 1415, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos State on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 10:00AM to transact the following business:
1. To receive the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2019, together with the Reports of the Directors, Auditors and the Audit Committee thereon.
2. To declare a final dividend.
3. To elect/re-elect Directors.
4. To appoint Auditors to replace the retiring Auditors, PricewaterhouseCoopers. Notice is hereby given that the proposed Auditors to be appointed is Ernst and Young.
5. To authorize the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors
6. To elect members of the Audit Committee.
A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is also entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. To be valid, a proxy form must be completed and duly stamped by the Commissioner of Stamp Duties and returned to the Registrar, Africa Prudential Plc, 220B Ikorodu Road, Palmgrove, Lagos Nigeria, not less than 48 hours before the fixed time of the meeting.
2. Dividend Payment
If the dividend recommended by the Directors is approved, dividend will be posted electronically on Friday, March 27, 2020 to all shareholders whose names are registered in the Company's Register of Members as at the close of business on Friday, March 13, 2020 and who have completed the e-dividend registration and have mandated the Registrars to pay dividend directly into their bank accounts.
3. Closure of Register of Members
The Register of Members will be closed from Monday, March 16, 2020 to Friday, March 20, 2020 for the purpose of paying dividend.
4. Biographical details of Directors for Election/Re-election
Biographical details of Directors seeking election/re-election are provided in the Annual Report.
5. Questions from Shareholders
Shareholders and other holders of the Company's securities reserve the right to ask questions not only at the meeting, but also in writing prior to and after the meeting on any item contained in the Annual Report and Accounts. Please send all questions to email@example.com.
6. Audit Committee
Visit United Bank for Africa Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS
Graph - One Year Share Price Movement
Table: 2019 Audited Results