Tuesday, July 3, 2018 / 09:40AM /NSE
Notice Is Hereby Given That The 19th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of The Initiates Plc. (TIP) shall hold on Friday, 27th July, 2018 at the Best Premier Hotel & Resort, Aba Express Way, Km 16 Opposite Intels, Port Harcourt, Rivers State by 11:0oam to discuss the following:
A. Ordinary Business:
1. To receive and consider the Audited Financial Statement as at December 31, 2017, the report of the Directors, the Audit Committee, Auditors Reporttherein.
2. To declare a dividend
3. To appoint /re-elect Directors
4. To re-appointthe Auditors and authorize the Directors to fix their remuneration.
5. To electshareholders’ representatives of the Audit Committee.
To approve the remuneration of the Directors
1. Proxies : s.230 (1) CAMA: Any member of a Company entitled to attend and vote at a Meeting of the Company shall be entitled to appoint another person (whether a member or not) as his proxy to attend and vote instead of him, and a proxy appointment to attend and vote instead of a member shall also have the same right as the member to speak at the meeting. Executed proxy forms should be deposited with the Company Secretary at the registered office of the Company not laterthan 48hours before the meeting.
2. Closure of Register of Members: The Register of Members of the Company will be closed on the 9th to the 13th day of July 2018, both days inclusive.
3. Dividend: The Board is pleased to recommend a dividend of 4kobo per ordinary share of 50 kobo each subject to approval at the Annual General Meeting, this represents a gross amount of N35,599,262.08 deductible for withholding tax at the appropriate rate to shareholders registered at close of business on 6th July, 2018
Where the payment of dividend is approved at the General Meeting, the dividend will be paid on the 7th day of August, 2018.
4. Unclaimed Dividend: Members who are yet to claim previous dividend(s) are advised to write or call at the office of the Registrars, Apel Capital & Registrars Limited, 8, Alhaji Bashorun, Off Norman Williams Street, Ikoyi on 01-2932121, 07046126698 or email email@example.com, www.apel.com.ng to confirm their dividend status.
5. Right of Shareholders To Ask Questions: Shareholders have a right to ask questions not only at the Meeting but also in writing prior to the Meeting and such questions must be submitted to the Company Secretary a week before the General Meeting.
6. Audit Committee Members: In accordance with Section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, any shareholder may nominate another shareholder for election as a member of the Audit Committee by giving notice in writing of such nomination to the office of the Company Secretary, situated at Plot 400, Location (new) road, off Aba/PH Expressway, by Oyigbo Junction, Umuebule 5, P.O.BOX 7242, Port Harcourt, Rivers State at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting.