Friday, March 31, 2017/5:10 PM /NSE
This is to inform The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), our esteemed shareholders and other stakeholders of Skye Bank Plc that the Audited Financial Statement of Skye Bank Plc for the year ended 31 December 2016 will not be filed by 31 March 2017 as required by the rules of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Following the intervention of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) in the Bank in July 2016, there was an over-haul of the Bank’s Corporate Governance framework which led to major resignations and new appointments into the Board; changes in specific internal structures and the need to have in place some other structures prior to the approval of the Bank’s accounts.
This led to the conduct of an interim audit of the Bank’s half year accounts of 2016. As a result of these restructures and changes, the Bank is currently experiencing some delays with the completion of the audit exercise of its Audited Financial Statement (AFS) for the year ended 31 December 2016.
The 2016 Audited Financial Statements which is already with the CBN for its review and regulatory approval; and the quarterly returns for 2016 would be filed on or before Friday, 12 May 2017.
1. Skye Bank Plc Announces the Resignation of some Executive Directors
2. Skye Bank is Neither Distressed Nor Liquidated - CBN
3. Skye Bank Plc Appoints Babatunde Osibodu as General Counsel
4. Tracking Skye bank's Share Price: 25days After
5. Skye Bank Plc Seeks Extension to file its Interim Financial Statements for Q1 and Q2 2016
6. All Round Pressure Sinks Skye Bank FY’15 Earnings
7. Skye Bank Plc Reports Q4 2015 Results; Further Deterioration Expected in Q1 and Q2
8. SKYEBANK Declares N40.73bn Loss in 2015 Audited Results SP N0.70k
9. Tracking Skye bank’s Share Price: 15days After
10. Tracking Skye bank’s Share Price: 10days After
11. CBN Affirms Confidence in Skye Bank, Institutes Guarantee Line
12. Tracking Skye bank's Share Price: 5days After
13. Nigeria's Skye Bank Downgraded To 'CCC-' On Heightened Default Risk
14. Nigeria s Central Bank Takes Over Skye Bank - Sacks Board Over Capital Issues
15. Expectedly, S&P rates Skyebank a CCC+ on back of Economic & Liquidity Concerns
16. Skyebank and The Prolonged Delay on Earnings Announcement
17. Why investors should expect a contained earning from Skye Bank
18. The Surprising New Math of Acquisition of Banks in Nigeria – The Skye Bank Case
19. Reworking the Acquisition Maths of Mainstreet Bank by Skye Bank Plc
20. CBN Reduces maximum limit of FX borrowing to 75% of Capital
21. Skye Bank Plc and AMCON Sign Agreement on Acquisition .- Proshare
22. Skye Bank - The Math Adds Up says CBN, Acquisition Payment of Mainstreet Bank Done – Nov 01, 2014
23. SKYEBANK Seeks Four-Week Extension to File its 2015 Audited Financial Statement
24. SKYEBANK Issues Earnings Guidance for Financial Year Ended 31st December 2015
25. All eyes still on Skye Bank s capital raise
26. How to buy a Nigerian bank with no money