Monday, May 20, 2019 / 10:47AM / By NSE / Header Image Credit: Seplat Petroleum
SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company Plc announces that at its Annual General Meeting held yesterday, Thursday 16 May 2019, all resolutions set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting put to the shareholders were duly passed by the requisite majority.
The results of each resolution voted by way of poll including proxy votes lodged with the Company’s Registrars are set out below:
1. A "Vote Withheld" is not a vote in law and is not counted in the calculation of the proportion of votes "For" or "Against" any resolution nor in the calculation of the proportion of "Percentage of ISC voted" for any resolution.
2. The percentage of votes "For" and "Against" any resolution is expressed as a percentage of votes validly cast for that resolution.
3. In accordance with Section 225 (3) of the Nigerian Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), the election of the statutory Audit Committee shareholder representative members is conducted by a show of hands at the AGM rather than by poll and proxy.
4. The Issued Share Capital (“ISC”) at the time of the Annual General Meeting was 588,444,561 shares denominated in Naira of 50 kobo per share. The proportion of "Percentage of ISC voted" for any resolution is the total of votes "For" and "Against" in respect of that resolution expressed as a percentage of the ISC.
5. In accordance with LR 9.6.2, copies of the relevant ordinary and special resolutions passed at the meeting have been submitted to the FCA's National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available to view at http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM. The full text of the resolutions passed at the Annual General Meeting can be found in the Notice of Annual General Meeting, which is available for inspection at the National Storage Mechanism and also on the Company's website.