Wednesday, September 06, 2017 2:00PM / Proshare Research
Further to the initial notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM) issued to the investing public on August 28, 2017, Oando Plc has reiterated that its AGM would hold as planned.
This statement was made on its official twitter handle following the letter received from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which Proshare sighted, stating that, “Following the submission of an interim report by the Special Task Team, the Commission is of the opinion that it is unable to identify any material findings that would warrant the postponement of the Company’s 40th Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled to hold on September 11, 2017.”
This letter attests to the initial position of the Company stating that “the petitions filed with the regulator have no merit as the issues raised have received board, shareholder and where required SEC approval”, adding that other matters highlighted by the petitioners could have been directed to the Company and would have received the necessary clarification.
Proshare will continue to monitor developments and bring highlights from the AGM holding in Uyo on September 11, 2017.
1. Oando Plc to Hold 40th AGM on Sept 11, 2017
2. Oando Plc Issues an Update on Claims of a SEC Investigation
3. OANDO Declares N4.56bn Profit in Q2 2017 Results,(SP:N7.80k)
4. Oando Issues Press Release over SEC Investigation
5. SEC Investigating Oando Plc
6. Oando Plc Key Highlights on Q4 15 and Q1 16
7. Oando Provides Clarifications on its Refinery Ambitions
8. OANDO Concludes Recapitalization Partial Divestment of Equity Stake in Its Downstream Operations
9. OANDO Releases Q4 15 and Q1 16 Results Declares N4.10bn PAT in Q1 SP N6.50k
10. Oando Plc Secures 5 Year N94.6 Billion Medium Term Facility with 10 Nigerian Banks
11. Oando explains what Deregulation of Petrol Price means for its Downstream Operations
12. Why Oando Plc's 2015 Audited Statements will be released on May 31, 2016
13. OANDO to acquire OER Minority Shares for a Consideration of US 1.20 per share in Cash