Tuesday, July 28, 2020 / 3:01 PM
/ NSE / Header Image Credit: GSK
At the 49th Annual General Meeting of GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER NIGERIA PLC. ("the Company") held at GSK Nigeria House, 1, Industrial Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos, on Thursday, 23rd July 2020, at 11:00 a.m., the following resolutions were duly proposed and passed:
1. "That on the recommendation of the Board of Directors, a cash dividend of 55 Kobo (Fifty-Five Kobo) per one Ordinary Share of 50 Kobo each from after tax profit for the year ended 31 December 2019 be paid to the Shareholders whose names appear in the Company's Register of Members at the close of business on Monday, 22nd of June 2020".
2. "That pursuant to Section 249(2) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP. C20 LFN 2004 and Article 95 of the Articles of Association of the Company, the appointments of Mr. Kunle Oyelana, Mr. Mark Pfister and Mr. Bosco Kirugi and Mrs. Oludewa Edodo-Thorpe as Directors of the Company, respectively be and is hereby approved".
3. "That pursuant to Section 259 (1) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP. C20 LFN 2004 and Article 91 of the Company's Articles of Association, two Directors, Mr. Samuel Kuye and Mr. Basel Nizameddin are retiring from the Board of Directors by rotation; and in accordance with Section 259 (4) of CAMA Cap C20, LFN 2004, the Directors being eligible and having offered themselves for re-election are hereby re-elected".
4. "That the remuneration of N2,100,000 (Two Million, One Hundred Thousand Naira only) for the Chairman and the Non-Executive Directors, for the year ending 31st December 2020, be and is hereby approved".
5. "That pursuant to Section 359 (4) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP. C20 LFN 2004, Mr. Kashimawo A. Taiwo, Mr. S.O. Ogunnowo, and Mr. Y.T. Mosuro, are hereby elected as representatives of the Shareholders on the Audit Committee of the Company for the financial year ending 31st December 2020".
6. "That pursuant to Section 357 (2) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP. C20 LFN 2004, the firm of Deloitte & Touche are hereby re-appointed Auditors. In accordance with Section 361
(1) of the same Act, the Directors are hereby authorized to fix the remuneration and expenses of the Auditors for the financial year ending 31st December 2020".
7. "That pursuant to the NSE Rules Governing Transactions with Related Parties or Interested Persons, the Company is authorized to procure goods and services necessary for its operations from related third parties".
Visit GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS
Graph - One Year Share Price Movement
Table: Q1 2020 Unaudited Results