Monday, July 30, 2018 06:35 PM / Proshare Markets
FBN Holdings Plc held its H1 2018 Investors and Analyst Conference Call Earnings Presentation. Proshare NG participated along with leading market analysts and professionals.
FBN Holdings Plc recorded a gross earnings of N293.3bn in H1 2018 as against N288.8bn in H1 2017, up by 1.6% YoY. This was driven by 21.4% YoY growth in non-interest income as interest income dipped by 3% YoY on the back of declining yields in investment securities and constrained loan growth. The HoldCo’s Profit After Tax increased by 13.6% YoY from N29.5bn in H1 2017 to N33.5bn in H1 2018.
Its gross loan and advances declined by 3% due to moderated risk asset creation and paydown on existing facilities while it reviewed its net loan growth FY guidance to 5-7% from 7-10% as it achieved -7.1% net loan growth in H1 2018 from -4% net loan growth achieved in FY 2017.
At the close of trading today, the share price of FBN Holdings Plc moved up by a tick size of 0.50% to close at N10.05k from N10.00k previous close price.
In a nutshell, below are the key takeaways from the H1 2018 earnings presentation made by the hold Co’s management;
1. The operating environment in H1 2018 was particularly challenging for the hold Co’s merchant banking business, as it was characterized by lower yields in the fixed income market, a limited number of investment banking deals being completed and a highly competitive lending market.
2. It revised its FY 2018 guidance on net loan growth downwards while other metrics remained unchanged for the full year 2018.
3. About 98% of the Group loans and advances is accounted for by the Commercial Banking business, while the balance of 2% is from the Merchant Banking and Asset Management business.
4. The ongoing digital banking initiatives seem to be yielding positive results as non-interest income was up by 15% YoY, excluding FX revaluation gain.
5. The operating expense of the hold Co’s Insurance group grew by 17.4% YoY on the back of new staff headcount.
3. FBNH Declares N14.8bn PAT in Q1 2018 Results, (SP:N12.45k)
11. UBN, DIAMONDBNK, FBNH Record Positive WTD Gain – Dec 15, 2017
12. Positive Sentiment Sustained on FirstBank as Share Price Hits N9.02k – Dec 08, 2017
13. Again, FirstBank Share Price Moves Up by 6.12% Today; Hits N9.01k – Dec 07, 2017
15. FBN Holdings Plc Q3 2017 Conference Call and Earnings ... - Proshare Oct 27, 2017
17. FBNHoldings Plc Q1’ 2017 Performance Assessment Report Updated Sep 25, 2017
18. FBN Holdings Plc: What The Fundamentals Say - Proshare Aug 11, 2017