Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:41am /Proshare Markets
Brewery stocks listed in the beverages-brewers/distillers sub-sector of the NSE Consumer Goods sector has so far record an unimpressive performance as the NSE Consumer Goods Sector Index currently records -4.05% YTD loss as at July 20, 2016.
Analysis of the YTD performance of the brewery stocks disclosed that INTBREW recorded +16.64% YTD gain, closely followed by CHAMPION with +11.28%. On the other hand, GUINNESS lead with 19.61% loss and GOLDBREW follows with 12.37% YTD loss recorded.
A look at the corporate actions released in 2016 shows that only two firms among the brewery stocks have declared dividend. NB declared the highest dividend of N3.60k and INTBREW declared a dividend of 0.35k.
A review of the EPS figures of brewery stocks reveals that NB tops, closely followed by INTBREW while GOLDBREW and PREMBREW lead otherwise.
Similar review of the PE Ratio of brewery stocks reveals that INTBREW has the best PE ratio figures, closely followed by NB while PE ratio of stocks like CHAMPION and GUINNESS appear two big to encourage investors.
INTBREW tops brewery stocks Return on Equity (RoE) ratio as NB and GUINNESS trail in that order while GOLDBREW records the least ratio with a negative figure.
NB tops brewery stocks PAT Margin as INTBREW and CHAMPION follow on the ladder while PREMBREW records the least percentage figure.
1. Brewery Stocks: CHAMPION Leads with +13.18% YTD Gains as NB Recommends Highest Dividend
2. Cement Stocks: WAPCO Tops with EPS as DANGCEM Records 25% YTD Loss
3. Brewery Stocks: CHAMPION, INTBREW Top with YTD Loss as NB Records 35% Market CAP Share
4. Agriculture Stocks: PRESCO Tops on EPS, ROE and PAT Margin while LIVESTOCK Records -15.35% YTD Loss.
5. Banking Stocks: 2 out of 15 banks records Positive YTD Returns as GTBank Tops ROE and PAT Margin
6. Healthcare Stocks: PHARMDEKO Records +4.67% YTD Gain
7. Insurance Stocks: 2 out of 27 Records Positive YTD Gains as WAPIC Tops YTD Loss with -21.88%
8. Oil & Gas Stocks: SEPLAT Tops on EPS and PAT Margin; Records +4.71% YTD gains
9. Banking Stocks: FCMB Leads with +38.55% YTD gains while DIAMONDBNK Leads Otherwise
10. Cement Stocks: DANGCEM Leads with 13% YTD loss as WAPCO Leads Otherwise