Monday, September 28, 2020 / 10:40AM / NSE / Header Image Credit:Anino International
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meetings ("The Meeting") of ANINO PLC will be held at 21B Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos on the 13th day of October 2020 from 10 am prompt to regularize the 2014-2018 AGMs by conducting ordinary businesses for the previous years, and transact the following Ordinary and Special businesses for 2019.
A. Ordinary Business:
1. To receive and lay before the meeting the report of the Directors, the Statement of Financial Position for 31" December 2019, together with the Statement of Comprehensive Income for the year ended on above dates and the Reports thereon of the Independent Auditors and the Audit Committee.
2. To ratify/elect/re-elect Director(s)
3. To authorize Directors to fix the remuneration of External Auditors
4. To elect members of the Audit Committee
B. Special Business:
5. To fix the remuneration of Directors
6. To increase the authorized share capital of the company from N15Million to N300Million
7. To authorize the conversion of shareholder's fund of N250Million to fully paid ordinary shares
8. To authorize that additional objects such as Production, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum Products be added to the Memorandum of Association of the company
A member of the company entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him and such a proxy need not be a member of the company. All instruments of proxy (proxy card) attached to the notices should be duly stamped by the commissioner of Stamp Duties and deposited at 218 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos or the Registrars office, Apel Capital Registrars Limited, 8 Alhaji Bashorun Street, Off Norman Williams Crescent, Ikoyi or forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting to be effective. The company has made arrangements to bear the cost of stamp duties on the instruments of proxy
However, in line with the Company's obligation to comply with the restriction on mass gatherings and social distancing guidelines prescribed by the Federal Government and Lagos State Government in the Conduct of the meeting, attendance to the meeting shall only be by proxy. Members are encouraged to
Jointly appoint proxies for the meetings. Consequently, a member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is advised to select from the following proposed proxies to attend and vote in his/her stead:
1. Ifeanyi Nweke (Chairman)
2. Segun Layode (Director)
3. Chris Ekemezie (Company Secretary)
4. Emmanuel Onugha (Shareholder)
5. Cletus Umanna (Shareholder)
2. Closure of Register of Members
The Register of Members and Transfer Books will be closed from Monday 28th September 2020 to 2nd October 2020(Both dates inclusive) for updating the Register of members.
3. Audit Committee
In accordance with Section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004. Any member may nominate another shareholder as a member of the Audit Committee by giving notice in writing of such nomination to the Company Secretary at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting. The Securities and Exchange Commission's code of Corporate Governance for Public Companies has indicated that members of the Audit Committee should have basic financial literacy and should be able to read Financial Statements
4. Rights of Shareholders to Ask Questions
Rule 19(12) of the Rulebook of the Nigerian Stock Exchange reserves the right of shareholders and other holders of the company's securities to ask questions not only at the meeting but also in writing prior to the meeting. Such shareholders or holders of other securities may submit to the office of the Company Secretary written memoranda of their questions, observations or concerns arising from the Annual Reports and accounts at least one week before the Annual General Meeting and forward copies to the relevant regulatory bodies.
5.Electronic Annual Report
The soft copy of the 2019 Annual Report can be accessed on our website and sent to our shareholders who have provided their email addresses to the Registrars. Shareholders who are interested in receiving soft copy of the 2019 Annual Report should request via email to email@example.com
6.Live Streaming of Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting will be streamed live to enable other shareholders who will not be attending the meeting to physically observe the proceedings of the meeting. The link for the live streaming of the meeting will be made available in due course on the company's website https://www.aninopic.com.ng/
Visit Anino International Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS
Graph - One Year Share Price Movement
Table: Q3 2019 Unaudited Results