Thursday, December 10, 2020 / 8:56 PM / NSE / Header Image Credit: Oracle News
At the 50th Annual General Meeting of AIICO Insurance Plc (the Company) held at Radisson Blu Hotel, 38 - 4, Isaac John Street, Ikeja, Lagos on Tuesday, December 8, 2020, the following resolutions were duly passed:
1. That the Reports of the Directors, Auditor, External Consultant on the Board Appraisal and Audit Committee together with the Audited Accounts for the financial year ended December 31, 2019 submitted to the meeting be and are hereby received and adopted.
2. AIICO consulted widely and received advise that an amended resolution could be presented at the AGM, for the shareholders to approve. If approved, it becomes binding on all as the Shareholders have the ultimate say in matters of bonus and dividend decisions.
Consequently, the Board presented the proposed amended resolutions that would allow all the shareholders, whether or not they picked up their Rights, to benefit in full on the Bonus.
3. The amendments to the resolutions are explained further below:
4. The declaration of 1 (one) bonus share for every 8 (eight) ordinary shares held by existing shareholders of the Company as at December 28, 2020 to be paid from retained earnings. And Additional declaration of 1 (one) bonus share for every 5 (five) ordinary shares held by existing shareholders of the company as at December 28, 2020 to be paid from the share premium account. 409 voted in favour and 3 voted against.
5. That the following Directors be and are hereby duly elected/re-elected:
i. Mr. Olalekan Akinyanmi (NED)
ii. Mr. Raimund Snyders (NED)
iii. Mrs. Folakemi Edun (NED)
iv. Mr. Olusola Ajayi (ED)
6. That Messrs. ERNST & YOUNG (E&Y) Professional Services be re-appointed as the Company's Auditor until the end of the current financial year and that the remuneration and expenses of the Company's Auditor Messrs. ERNST & YOUNG Professional Services be fixed by the Directors in respect of the period ending at the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
7. That the following persons be and are hereby appointed as members of the Company's Statutory Audit Committee:
Mr. Samaila Dalhat Zubairu
ii. Mr. Ademola Adebise
iii. Mr. Raimund Snyders
iv. Mrs. Esther Funke Augustine
v. Chief Robert Igwe
vi. Chief Edmund Uzoma Njoku.
8. That the authorized share capital of the Company be and is hereby increased from N18,000,000,000.00 to N20,000,000,000, by the creation of additional 4,000,000,000 ordinary shares of N0.50 Kobo each, ranking pari passu in all respects with the existing ordinary shares of the Company, and that the capital clause of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company, be altered accordingly and that the Board be and is hereby authorized to take all necessary steps to give effect to the aforementioned resolutions.
Visit AIICO Insurance Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS
Graph - One Year Share Price Movement
Table: Q3 2020 Unaudited Results