Monday, July 03, 2017, 3:38 PM /NSE
Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc (“Seplat” or the “Company”), a leading Nigerian indigenous oil and gas company listed on both the Nigeria Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange, today announces that it has successfully concluded a one year extension of its revolving credit facility (“RCF”) until 31 December 2018.
The current three year RCF was due to expire at the end of 2017. The facility now expires on 31 December 2018 and has been successfully amended to amortise the remaining outstanding principal balance of US$150 million in equal instalments over five quarters commencing Q4 2017.
Overall, Seplat’s aggregate indebtedness under its Term Loan and RCF has reduced by US$365 million from its peak in Q1 2015 of US$1 billion to the current balance at the end of June 2017 of US$635 million, which is a significant deleveraging of the balance sheet particularly in exceptionally difficult trading conditions over the past 18 months.
The amended facility has been provided by Citibank N.A. London Branch, Citibank Nigeria Limited, The Mauritius Commercial Bank Plc, Natixis, Nedbank Limited London Branch, Nomura International Plc, FirstRand Bank Limited acting through its Rand Merchant Bank Division, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited and Standard Chartered Bank.
Commenting on the extension Roger Brown, Seplat’s Chief Financial Officer, said: “We are pleased to announce the extension to our revolving credit facility.
The approval to extend and strong demand within our core lending group, which saw around 30 percent oversubscription, demonstrates Seplat’s strong underlying business fundamentals and isfurther testament to the strength of our relationship with our continuing and new lenders.
The amended facility, and recent resumption of exports via the Forcados terminal, will enable the business to rebuild cash on its balance sheet as we seek to strengthen our capital structure to ensure a strong platform for future growth”.
6. Seplat Recorded Loss Before Tax of $18.3m in Q1 2017
7. SEPLAT Declares N5.85 billion Loss in Q1 2017 Results,(SP:N410.00k)
8. Striking FY 16 Loss: Is Seplat Plc Off The Hook? Sell Recommendation
9. SEPLAT Reports Q4 2016 Results - Records Loss Before Tax of $85.1m
10. SEPLAT Board Approves 2016 Full Year Financial Results
11. SEPLAT Declares N42.08 billion Loss in Q3 2016 Result,(SP:N375.00k)
12. Heads Up On Forcados Terminal
13. SEPLAT H1'16 results - Suspension of Exports at Forcados Cut Earnings
14. SEPLAT Declares N12.81 billion Loss in Q2 2016 Result SP N297.83k
15. SEPLAT Outperform Rating Maintained in Q1 2016
16. SEPLAT Confirms Dividend Currency Exchange Rates for 2015 Final Dividend
17. SEPLAT Records US 15m Loss Before Tax in Q1 16 Results Negative Market Reaction Likely
18. SEPLAT Declares N4.48 billion Loss in Q1 2016 Result,(SP:N340.00k)
19. Extension of repairs at Forcados, affects Seplat's production uptime