Monday, August 07, 2017 10:59AM /NSE
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), parent company of the Ecobank Group, announces the co-option to its Board of Directors of Messrs Brian Kennedy and David O’Sullivan representing two major institutional shareholders NEDBANK GROUP LIMITED and QATAR NATIONAL BANK respectively.
The co-options follow the exercise of the right of the two institutional shareholders for an additional board seat following the restructuring of the board composition of ETI.
Mr. Brian Kennedy is currently Group Managing Executive, Nedbank Corporate and Investment banking. Brian Kennedy has been working in investment banking for the past 29 years, the last 21 of which have been with the Nedbank Group.
He worked in the engineering industry for six years and moved into investment banking at FirstCorp Merchant Bank in 1988. In 1996, Brian joined BoE NatWest and was appointed Managing Director of BoE Merchant Bank in 1998.
He led the Capital Markets business in Nedbank following the merger with BoE and in November 2003, was appointed Managing Executive of Nedbank Capital and member of the Nedbank Group Executive Committee.
He is also responsible for the London operations of Nedbank. Following the integration of Nedbank Capital and Nedbank Corporate in 2015 into a single client-facing wholesale business, Brian has been leading the teams responsible for developing and driving the overall strategy, positioning and business growth.
He holds a BSc (Eng) (cum laude), MSc (Eng), MBA and is an Alumnus of the Advance Management Program of Harvard University. Mr. David O’Sullivan is Head of Group Legal for QNB, a position he has been holding since 2012.
He has over 20 years’ experience as a lawyer and investment banker working on corporate and financing transactions in the emerging markets (principally in the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe).
Prior to his current position, he was Director, Gulf Investment Incorporation, 2006-2012, Associate Director, HSBC Corporate Finance 2003-2006 and Senior Associate at Clifford Chance LLP, London, Dubai and Moscow from 1996-2003. He played a leading role in QNB’s investment in Ecobank.
2. ETI Declares N18.68bn PAT in Q1'17 Results,(SP:N7.8k)
3. ETI Declares N52.6bn Loss After Tax in 2016 Audited Results (SP:N8.20k)
4. Ecobank to Publish Year Ended 2016 Audited Financial Results on 18 April 2017
5. Erratum to Ecobank Announcement Regarding Delay to Publishing of 2016 Audited Results
6. ETI Announces a Delay to the Publishing of Year Ended 31 December 2016 Results
7. Afreximbank and ETI agree on African trade and investment promotion including US$500 mln programme
8. Extract from Financials - ETI Tops Companies by Turnover as DANGCEM Leads on PAT
9. ETI Records 15% Drop in PAT in Q3'16,(SP:N10.50k)
10. ETI and Old Mutual Announce New Strategic Agreement
11. Eveline Tall Daouda leaves Ecobank after two decades
12. ETI Awaits Requisite Approval on the Conversion of Its Preference Shares to Ordinary Shares