Thursday, August 15, 2019, 03:40PM
/NSE / Header Image Credit: Academy Press Plc
Notice is hereby given that the 55th Annual General Meeting of ACADEMY PRESS PLC (“the Company”) will be held at the Registered Office of the Company, 28/32, Industrial Avenue, Ilupeju Industrial Estate, Lagos on Thursday 19th September, 2019 at 12 noon for the purpose of transacting the following businesses:
1. To lay before the Meeting the Report of the Directors, the Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March, 2019 and the Reports of the Auditors and the Audit Committee thereon.
2. To declare a Dividend
3. To re-elect Mr. Ivor Hutchinson & Mrs. Folashade B. Omo-Eboh as Directors. High Chief (Sir) Simeon. O. Oguntimehin who is also due for retirement did not offer himself for re-election.
4. To authorize the Directors to fix the Auditors’ remuneration.
5. Ratification of the Appointment of Ms. Kadaria Hamed as a Director
6. To elect members of the Audit Committee.
7. To approve the remuneration of Directors.
A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is also entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. For the appointment to be valid, a proxy form duly executed and stamped must be deposited at the Office of the Registrar, Pace Registrars Limited, 24, Campbell Street (8TH Floor) Knight Frank Building, Lagos or Office of the Company at 28/32, Ilupeju Industrial Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
28/32, Industrial Avenue Ilupeju Industrial Estate, Ilupeju, Lagos.
Closure of Register and Transfer Books:
The Register of Members and Transfer Books will be closed from Monday, 5th September to Friday, 9th September 2019 (both days inclusive) for the purpose of updating the Register.
In consonance with Section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP C20 LFN 2004, a nomination in writing by any member of a shareholder for election to the Audit Committee should reach the Company Secretary, at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting.
Rights of Securities’ Holders to Ask Questions
Securities’ Holders have a right to ask questions not only at the Meeting, but also in writing prior to the Meeting. Such questions must be submitted to the Company on or before 17th September, 2019.