I am delighted to share the Book of States with the general public, following the diligent work of staff of Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission to capture the investment prospects of each of Nigeria's 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory in an easily accessible format.
2. This project was inspired by my first trip to Maiduguri, Borno State in February 2017 and encouraged by my subsequent travels across the country. The trips exposed me to the richness of our country's diversity as an investment haven and fuelled my interest in profiling investment prospects throughout Nigeria.
3. At NIPC, we expect the Book of States, which shows the competitive advantages and the key investment opportunities being promoted by each State, to help investors better appreciate the investment potentials across Nigeria.
4. The contents of the following pages would not have been possible without the support of each of the 36 Governors and the Honourable Minister for FCT, who signed off on their respective profiles. We also appreciate the support of our partners who are responsible for investment promotion at State-level. The profiles presented on the following pages will form the foundation for improved sub-national investment promotion and greater engagement with State Investment Promotion Agencies.
5. I must also acknowledge our proud partnership with the Nigeria Governors' Forum and the personal commitment of the Director General, Mr Asishana Okauru to the completion of this project. Without his support, we would not have achieved the timely completion of the Book of States.
6. We are indebted to the Governing Council of NIPC, under the leadership of the Chairman, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Babangida S. M. Nguroje, OFR, the Honourable Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, CON, the Honourable Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Ambassador Maryam Katagum and our Permanent Secretary, Dr Nasir Sani-Gwarzo mni, for their continued support for the achievement of NIPC's mandate.
7. This Book of States is an important building block in NIPC's efforts to support our states in investment promotion. Having completed this maiden edition, we will now commit our efforts to the follow on projects which, along with the Book of States, should ensure that we can elevate the visibility of the investment prospects in each State and increase our capacity to proactively attract investor interest to target sectors and specific opportunities across Nigeria.
Ms. Yewande Sadiku