Monday, February 06, 2017, 11.56 AM / firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigeria’s Equities Market records –3.12% loss to close the month of January 2017 red as against +6.47% gain recorded in December 2016 to maintain the negative sentiment witnessed in most trading days in 2016 as the market ended the year with -6.17% loss.
On market development and regulations, the Nigerian Stock Exchange witnessed its first new listing in the year as it listed by introduction 9.75bn ordinary shares of MedView Airline at N1.50 per share on its main board. This is in line with the NSE’s strategic outlook for 2017 as it plans to engage private sector issuers for listings across all its product categories.
After a successful migration of its Economy and Politics and WebTV to its main and new hub Proshare 10.0 in 2016, Proshare Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s No1 Financial Information Hub, has also successfully completed and launched its Mobile APP which is now live on android mobile device.
The FMDQ OTC markets in its January 2017 spotlight highlighted that the seventh OTC FX Futures Contract Matures and Settles on FMDQ with a notional amount of $274.39mm approximately on Wednesday, January 25, 2016. Other activities around the FMDQ OTC market are the achievement of N113.66 trn market turnover in 2016 and quotation ceremony for N35bn Access Bank Commercial Paper notes.
In this edition of The Nigerian Capital Market Service Report, we continue the updates of our data section with latest figures on Economic indicators & Upcoming Events in the market and economy. This is to ensure that we deliver a comprehensive capital market service report that helps cover and track innovations, developments as well as service issues in the market effectively.
In all, the January 2017 SSS Quality Report is a snapshot and aide memoire of developments in our market - tracking milestones that the investing public should be aware of. Do feel free to share your opinions/observations and feedback with us vide email@example.com
For: Analyst Editorial Board
CEO, The Analyst
1. Market Sustains Negative Sentiment in November; Proshare Migrates WebTV to its Main Hub -Nov '16 SSS
2. Proshare Collaborates with FMDQ; Completes Financial Market Coverage - Oct '16 SSS Report
3. Stock Market Retracts to Close Positive; Proshare Economy is Launched - Sep -16 SSS Report
4. Stock Market Closes July Downtick; Retracts by -5.36% - July '16 SSS Report
5. Market Braces Up for Improved Liquidity in African Financial Markets - April '16 SSS Report
6. Market Maintains Positive stance in March 2016; MERIFX Diversifies Market - March ’16 SSS Report
7. NSEASI Records Marginal Improvement in February 2016; Proshare Launches a New and Robust Website - Feb ’16 SSS Report
8. Market Sustains Negative Sentiment Amidst Continuous Sell-Off as Outlooks Project Bleak 2016– Jan’16 SSS Report
9. Year-end Review: NSEASI Closes Year 2015 with -17.36% Loss – Dec’15 SSS Report
10. Market Sustains Negative Sentiment as Direct Cash Settlement System Sets for Market Debut – Nov ’15 SSS Report