Monday, September 17, 2018 /3:08PM / NSE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (“EGM”) of members of LASACO Assurance Plc (“the Company”) will be held at NECA House, Plot A2 Hakeem Balogun Street, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos on Wednesday, 10th October, 2018 at 11am to transact the following business.
To consider and if thought fit, pass the following resolutions as special resolutions:
1. That on recommendation of the Directors and in accordance with Articles 43 of the Articles of Association of the Company, the Authorized Share Capital of the Company be and is hereby increased from 10,000,000,000 (Ten Billion) to 50,000,000,000 (Fifty Billion) by the creation and addition thereto of 40,000,000,000 (Forty Billion) Ordinary Shares of 50 kobo (fifty) each, such new shares to rank pari passu in all respects with the existing Ordinary Shares in the capital of the Company.
2. Clause 6 of the Memorandum of Association and Article 43 of the Articles of Association respectively be and are hereby amended to reflect the new Authorized Share Capital of N25,000,000,000 (Twenty five Billion Naira) divided into 50,000,000,000 (fifty Billion) Ordinary shares of 50 kobo each.
3. That the Board of Directors be and are hereby authorized, subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities, to raise additional capital through the issuance of up to 40,000,000,000 ordinary shares of 5ok each by way of public offer, private placement or preference shares.
4. That the Board of Directors be and are hereby authorized to exercise all the powers of the Company to modify and/or conclude the terms of the public offer, private placement or preference shares, seek approvals from the relevant regulatory authorities appoint Professional parties and Advisers, finalize and execute all agreements or documents and to do all such acts and deeds which the Board of Directors in its absolute discretion may deem necessary and expedient for the purpose of the public offer, private placement or preference shares without being required to seek further consent or approval of members of the Company or otherwise to the end and intent that they shall be deemed to have given approval thereto expressly by the authority of the resolution
A member of the Company is entitled to appoint a proxy
to attend and vote at the EGM instead of him. A proxy need not also be a
member. A Proxy Form attached to this Notice may be obtained from the office of
the Registrar, Apel Capital Registrars Limited 8, Alhaji Bashorun Street, Off
Norman Williams Crescent, South-West, Ikoyi, Lagos to be valid for the purpose
of this EGM, it must be completed and deposited at the office of the Registrars
not later than forty-eight (48) hours before the time of the meeting.
RIGHTS OF SECURITIES HOLDERS TO ASK QUESTIONS
Shareholders of the Company have the right to ask questions not only at the EGM but also in writing prior to the EGM. Such questions must be submitted to the Company via the Company Secretary at Plot 36 Acme Road Ogba, Lagos at least 48 hours before the EGM.
1. LASACO Declares N382.47m PAT in Q2 2018 Results, (SP:N0.33k)8. LASACO Releases Q1 & Q2 2016 Results; Declares N492.88 million PAT in Q2, (SP:N0.50k)