Tuesday, October 30,
2018 05:54 PM / Proshare Markets
Fidelity Bank Plc held its Q3 2018 Investors and Analyst Conference Call Earnings Presentation. Proshare NG participated along with leading market analysts and professionals.
The bank, in its presentation gave an overview of the bank as well as the operating environment. The bank stated that Naira has been relatively stable and credit to private sector is improving just as yield is also improving as inflation moderates.
Fidelity Bank Plc, according to its Q3 2018 financial highlights, recorded a gross earnings of 139,001bn in Q3 2018 as against N130,086bn in Q3 2017, up by 6.9% YoY while its net interest income also moved up by 8.1% from N58,168bn in Q3 2018 as against N53,805bn in Q3 2017.The bank’s Profit Before Tax increased by 23.6% YoY from N16,236bn in Q3 2017 to N20,064bn in Q3 2018.
Its balance sheet snapshot reflected that its shareholders’ funds declined by -5.4% while its total assets moved up by 21.9%.
At the close of trading today, the shares of Fidelity Bank Plc moved up by a tick size of +0.99% to close at N2.05k from the previous price of N2.03k. YTD, the stock has dropped by -16.67%.
In a nutshell, below are the key takeaways from the Q3 2018 earnings presentation made by the bank’s management;
1. Fidelity Bank Plc retail and digital baking evolution/progress report reflects that over 80% of its customers transactions are now done on electronic banking channels
2. Growth in its Gross earnings was primarily driven by the 9.1% growth n interest income while its fee income is expected to pick up in Q4 2018 on increased transaction volume/exchange gains.
3. The bank expects double digit growth in Savings and Retail low cost deposits in the 2018FY.
4. Excluding the Regulatory Adjustment, Fidelity CAR would have been 18.6% in Q3 2018; and
5. The bank is on track on its 2018FY guidance and excepts to hit all targets at the end of the financial year.
Visit Fidelity Bank Plc IR Page on Proshare MARKETS
1. Fidelity Bank Plc IR Page – Proshare MARKETS
8.13. FIDELITYBK declares N4.63bn PAT in Q1 2018 Results, (SP:N2.55k)