Sunday, June 09,
2019 / 08:36PM / Imo State Govt. Release /
Header Image Credit: Hornnewsnigeria
His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha (CON) has approved the constitution of a Financial Advisory Committee for the State Government.
1. Dr. Abraham Nwankwo - Chairman
2. Mr. Nick Opara Ndudu - Secretary
3. Nze Charles Onwunali - Member
4. Mr. Kelechi Omeni-Nzewuihe - Member
5. Sir Chime Aliliele - Member
6. Mr. Charles Nwogu - Member
7. Mrs. UdezeIbezim - Member
8. Mrs. Ify Maureen Okafor - Member
Terms Of Reference
The Committee’s Terms of Reference are as follows:
a. To ascertain and document the locations of and balances on all bank accounts operated by Imo State government, its Ministries, Departments and Agencies as at May 29, 2019.
b. To review all financial transactions and where necessary a forensic audit, with a view to ascertaining sources of funds and the application of same.
c. To review such disbursements/applications of State resources to ascertain the propriety of charges levied on accounts, interest payment on loans and deposits where applicable, authorization, etc.
d. To review the operations of the Imo State Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) with a view to recommending appropriate strategies to reposition the agency for better performance and sustained growth.
e. To conduct governance/financial reviews of key agencies of government with a view to:
1. Documenting all revenues generated or subventions/allocations between 2011 -2019.
2. Reviewing the propriety of applications/disbursements of State resources between 2011 -2019.
3. Recommending measures that would strengthen internal controls and enhance the performance of those key agencies of government.
The Committee may be called upon from time to time to carry out assignments in line with its mandate.
Uche Onyeagucha Esq.
Secretary to the Government of Imo State