Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:04 PM / FDC / Bismark Rewane
As economic growth slowly recovers towards the positive quadrant, political risks in Nigeria are becoming more elevated.
Imponderables, unknown variables and the unexpected are becoming more potent and could undermine the economic gains. The institutions for conflict resolution remain weak, divided and above all, lack credibility.
The good news however, is that the economic momentum is enhanced by the repairs to the Forcados and near completion of Escravos pipelines. Combined, these two could add approximately 400,000 barrels of oil exports per day.
It will lend further support to a naira which is becoming more vulnerable to a 10% drop in the price of oil to $48pb.
This month’s presentation by Bismarck Rewane and the FDC Think Tank at the Lagos Business School (LBS) Executive breakfast session is a dispassionate analysis of the mid-term macroeconomic performance of the current administration and an economic outlook for Q3 2017.
For further details contact Financial Derivatives Company Limited via email@example.com
Download LBS EXECUTIVE BREAKFAST SESSION – JUNE 2017 here
2. Naira Gains as the CBN Tries to Catch a Falling Knife - LBS EBS - April 2017
3. Economic Reform by Coincidence - Does It Really Matter? - LBS EBS – March 2017
4. Nigeria's Economic Reform - Resist Now and Regret Later - LBS EBS - Feb 2017
5. 2017: A Year of Fear Laced with Hope
6. Running Faster to Stand Still – LBS EBS – Dec 2016
7. Recovery Fades, Strong Regulator versus Efficient Markets – LBS EBS Nov 2016
8. Nigeria Oil Shock 2.0 and the Treacherous Path to Recovery – LBS EBS Oct’16
9. Recession: how deep and for how long? – LBS EBS Sep’16
10. Policy Daunting, Markets Uncertain, Citizens Groan – LBS EBS – Aug 2016
11. With Inflation at 16.5%,Nigeria Stumbles into the Reform Path-LBS EBS Jul 2016
12. Sell in May and Go Away - LBS EBS - May 2016
13. The Squandering of a Golden Economic Opportunity – LBS EBS Apr 2016
14. Naira Weakness Undermines Economic Stability – LBS EBS – March 2016
15. 2016: The Year of Stark Economic Reality – LBS EBS – Feb 2016
16. 2016 - A Year of Growth and Commodity Turmoil – LBS EBS – Dec 2015
17. Fantasy economics & the value of the Naira – LBS EBS – Nov 2015
18. All the Presidents’ Men - Dream team or Lightweights – LBS EBS – Oct 2015
19. Loot Recovery? Restitution is no Retribution - LBS EBS – Sep 2015
20. Nigeria goes back to the Future : Market vs. Control Economy - LBS EBS - Aug 2015
21. Buhari: Slow Start or Guessing Game – LBS EBS – July 2015
22. Reflating a Strangulating Economy – LBS EBS – Jun 2015
23. Leadership Change is not a System Change – LBS EBS April 2015
24. Is the Naira Ever Going to Recover? – LBS EBS – March 2015
25. Nigeria at Crossroads- Stability or Change, Which do You Prefer? -LBS EBS – Feb 2015
26. The Falling Naira: Are you Prepared? - LBS EBS- Jan 2015
27. Octobers can be eventful - LBS EBS – Nov 2014
28. Inflation Up, Stock Market Down, What Next? - LBS EBS Sep 2014
29. MUMU-NOMIKS vs. Economics – LBS EBS – Jun 2014