Wednesday, August 17, 2016/ 5.57PM / CBN/Press Release
The attention of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has been drawn to the content of a malicious message urging customers of Skye Bank to withdraw their deposits or transfer them to other banks based on the vile allegation that Skye Bank has been liquidated by the CBN.
The CBN wishes to state, and emphatically so, that it has not liquidated Skye Bank or any other Deposit Money Bank for that matter.
The Bank also wishes to reiterate its earlier assurance that Skye Bank is not in distress and remains a healthy bank in the Nigerian banking system. Indeed, the health of the Nigerian banking system remains strong, all banks in Nigeria are safe and depositors have no cause to fear over their deposits.
While it will be recalled that Skye Bank had corporate governance challenges, the CBN has since taken proactive steps to resolve the issues identified. Indeed, the CBN is satisfied with the efforts of the new Management to reposition Skye Bank for effective service delivery.
Accordingly, customers of Skye Bank and other stakeholders are advised to disregard any message purporting a liquidation of the bank.
Ag. Director, Corporate Communications
1. Skye Bank Plc Appoints Babatunde Osibodu as General Counsel
2. Tracking Skye bank's Share Price: 25days After
3. Skye Bank Plc Seeks Extension to file its Interim Financial Statements for Q1 and Q2 2016
4. All Round Pressure Sinks Skye Bank FY’15 Earnings
5. Skye Bank Plc Reports Q4 2015 Results; Further Deterioration Expected in Q1 and Q2
6. SKYEBANK Declares N40.73bn Loss in 2015 Audited Results SP N0.70k
7. Tracking Skye bank’s Share Price: 15days After
8. Tracking Skye bank’s Share Price: 10days After
9. CBN Affirms Confidence in Skye Bank, Institutes Guarantee Line
10. Tracking Skye bank's Share Price: 5days After
11. Nigeria's Skye Bank Downgraded To 'CCC-' On Heightened Default Risk
12. Nigeria s Central Bank Takes Over Skye Bank - Sacks Board Over Capital Issues
13. Expectedly, S&P rates Skyebank a CCC+ on back of Economic & Liquidity Concerns
14. Skyebank and The Prolonged Delay on Earnings Announcement
15. Why investors should expect a contained earning from Skye Bank
16. The Surprising New Math of Acquisition of Banks in Nigeria – The Skye Bank Case
17. Reworking the Acquisition Maths of Mainstreet Bank by Skye Bank Plc
18. CBN Reduces maximum limit of FX borrowing to 75% of Capital
19. Skye Bank Plc and AMCON Sign Agreement on Acquisition .- Proshare
20. Skye Bank - The Math Adds Up says CBN, Acquisition Payment of Mainstreet Bank Done – Nov 01, 2014
21. SKYEBANK Seeks Four-Week Extension to File its 2015 Audited Financial Statement
22. SKYEBANK Issues Earnings Guidance for Financial Year Ended 31st December 2015
23. All eyes still on Skye Bank s capital raise
24. How to buy a Nigerian bank with no money