Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:55AM / SEC
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Nigeria wishes to inform all Capital Market Operators (CMOs), Experts and Professionals operating in the Nigerian capital market that in compliance with the provisions of the ISA 2007 and the SEC Rules and Regulations, they are expected to possess the required number of Sponsored Individuals and a Compliance Officer for each function performed by the operator in the capital market.
Consequently, all CMOs, Experts and Professionals without the required number of Sponsored Individuals and/or a Compliance Officer are mandated to regularize their registration status with the Commission on or before 20th of August 2017.
Failure to comply with this directive would be a violation of the provisions of the ISA 2007 and the SEC Rules & Regulations and render the CMO, Expert or Professional unable to operate in the market.
1. Treasury Releases Report To Reform US Financial System
2. Implementation Monitoring of the PFMI: Fourth Update to Level 1 Assessment Report
3. IOSCO Consults on Recommendations and Good Practices in Liquidity Risk Mgt of Funds
4. International Committees Complete the April 2015 Workplan
5. BCBS and IOSCO Propose Criteria for Identifying Simple, Transparent and Comparable Short-term Securi
6. Exposure Draft on the Regulatory Framework for BVN Operations & Watch-List for the Financial System
7. Basel III Implementation: Basel Committee Reports To G20 Leaders
8. SEC Extends Deadline on Issuance of Warrants & Free e-Dividend Registration Exercise to Dec 31 2017
9. Investment And Growth In Advanced Economies
10. Remarks To The SEC Investor Advisory Committee