Friday, July 87, 2017 8.55AM / SEC
Consolidated Grid for Rendition of Various Anti-Money Laundering And Countering The Financing Of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Returns By Capital Market Operators (CMOS) To The Securities And Exchange Commission (Sec) And The Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
Please be notified that the Commission has approved and uploaded reporting templates required for rendition of other categories of AML/CFT returns in line with the SEC AML/CFT regulations for Capital Market Operators in ADDITION to reports on FTRs, STRs and CTRs required to be rendered in accordance with the provisions of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2011 (as amended) and Terrorism Prevention Act, 2011 (as amended).
CMOs are therefore advised to use the Consolidated Grid Template for the Rendition of Various Returns to the SEC and NFIU as applicable.
All returns are to be submitted electronically. The Commission will not accept any AML/CFT report that is submitted in hard copies.
CMOs are to note that all the returns are statutory and therefore strict compliance with this circular is expected.
1. SEC Directs CMOs & Public Limited Companies to Comply with Executive Order No.004 of 2017 on VAIDS
2. SEC Issues Ultimatum to CMO’s, Experts and Professionals On Sponsored Individuals and Compliance Off
3. Treasury Releases Report To Reform US Financial System
4. Implementation Monitoring of the PFMI: Fourth Update to Level 1 Assessment Report
5. IOSCO Consults on Recommendations and Good Practices in Liquidity Risk Mgt of Funds
6. International Committees Complete the April 2015 Workplan