Monday August 08, 2016 1:14pm/ CBN
Authorized Dealers and the general public are hereby notified of the following arrangements for 2016 Hajj operations.
1. Each pilgrim is entitled to purchase a minimum of US$750.00 and a maximum of US$1,000.00 as PTA. The Federal Government has approved that intending pilgrims are to be sold the PTA at a concessionary exchange rate of N197.00 to the US dollar.
2. No commission shall be charged by the banks for the sale of PTA to the intending pilgrims.
3. The Central Bank of Nigeria shall sell the PTA to the designated banks in Lagos and Abuja and the accounts of the respective banks shall be debited as soon as the funds are disbursed.
4. Each designated bank is required to sell to the CBN the unutilized funds not later than two (2) weeks from the date of the last inward flight to Nigeria from Jedda, while the accounts of the banks shall be credited promptly.
5. The approved schedule showing the distribution of the pilgrims expected to perform the 2016 Hajj and the designated banks that will handle the sales of the PTA to the pilgrims in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), each state of the Federation, the Armed forces and the National Hajj Commission Headquarters, is stated below for guidance.