Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:44 AM / SEC
Further to the resolution passed at the 1st Quarter CMC to review extant laws which affect the investment climate in Nigeria, three Committees were constituted by the Commission in June 2016 to review the following legislation:
Membership of the Committees was drawn from across the capital market community inclusive of regulators, the academia and market operators with identified expertise on various segments of the Nigerian capital market.
The committees have now concluded their assignment and the secretariat of each committee has collated the views and opinions of the various stakeholders which have been reflected in the proposed amendments to the aforementioned legislation.
Although the Committees had requested for the inputs of the various trade groups and general investing public, all members of the capital market community particularly the trade groups, are hereby invited to review the reports of the respective committees and make further comments on the proposed amendments for consideration by the Committees within two weeks commencing from today December 28, 2016.
The reports of the respective Committees can be found below.
All comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. SEC Issues Circular on Regulatory Institution Directing Some Persons to Register as Dealing Members
2. SEC Directs CMOs to Update Registration Information with the Commission
3. US SEC Approves Plan To Create Consolidated Audit Trail For Tracking Markets
4. SEC Issues $20 Million Whistleblower Award
5. Alberta SEC Adopts Crowdfunding Rule Enabling Alberta’s SME’s To Raise Capital Online
6. SEC Proposes New Rule & Sundry Amendments to its Rules and Regulations