Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:08 PM / IOSCO/MR/15/2016
The Board of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) today has issued a public statement outlining its priorities regarding data gaps in the asset management industry.
IOSCO considers that more needs to be done to enhance the data collected in this sector and is analysing what data needs should be prioritised. To this end, IOSCO has identified a series of recommendations that will constitute its roadmap in this area.
A key priority is to encourage IOSCO members to collect data with a view to better identify systemic risk.
Concurrently today, the Financial Stability Board (FSB) has published for public consultation Proposed Policy Recommendations to Address Structural Vulnerabilities from Asset Management Activities asking IOSCO to take forward the international work arising from many of these recommendations.
1. IOSCO issues Statement on clear disclosure for investors
2. IOSCO Issues Survey Report on Audit Committee Oversight of Auditors
3. IOSCO and PIFS-HLS Launch Global Certificate Program For Regulators Of Securities Markets
4. IOSCO issues study of regulatory approaches and tools to deal with Cyber Risk
5. IOSCO Publishes the Securities Markets Risk Outlook 2016