Monday 21st August 2017 11.35AM/ CBN
The Central Bank of Nigeria has reviewed the Guidelines for Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme (CACS), to enhance its effectiveness and further mitigate the risks faced by participating financial institutions in financing the agricultural sector. This revision affects Sections 16 and 17 of the Guidelines and introduces significant changes, including a requirement that henceforth, the Nigeria Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) should provide insurance cover for all agricultural facilities/projects under the CACS in line with the NAIC Act.
In furtherance of the above revision, the CBN hereby directs the immediate commencement of insurance premium payments by borrowers under the CACS Scheme.
The revised Guidelines may be accessed at the Bank’s website www.cbn.gov.ng Participating financial institutions and stakeholders are requested to note that these guidelines supersede other related versions.
Further enquiries on the provisions of this circular may be referred to the Director Development Finance Department, Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja.
Click Here to Download Full Report
1. Outcome of the Second Capital Market Committee Meeting Held on August 15, 2017
2. IOSCO Consults on Recommendations to Improve Transparency of Corporate Bond Markets
3. SEC Nigeria partners NERDC to develop curriculum for capital market studies in Nigeria
4. CBN Extends Timeline of BVN Enrolment for OFIs to December 31, 2017
5. SEC Issues Circular to all CMOs on Rendition of Various Returns for AML or CFT and NFIU
6. CBN Announces the Introduction of the Nigeria Customs Service Electronic Auction (eAUCTION) Platform
7. CBN Issues Statements of Payment Finality for the Nigerian Payments Schemes
8. SEC Directs CMOs & Public Limited Companies to Comply with Executive Order No.004 of 2017 on VAIDS
9. SEC Issues Ultimatum to CMO’s, Experts and Professionals On Sponsored Individuals and Compliance Off
10. Treasury Releases Report To Reform US Financial System
11. Implementation Monitoring of the PFMI: Fourth Update to Level 1 Assessment Report
12. IOSCO Consults on Recommendations and Good Practices in Liquidity Risk Mgt of Funds
13. International Committees Complete the April 2015 Workplan
14. BCBS and IOSCO Propose Criteria for Identifying Simple, Transparent and Comparable Short-term Securi
15. Exposure Draft on the Regulatory Framework for BVN Operations & Watch-List for the Financial System
16. Basel III Implementation: Basel Committee Reports To G20 Leaders
17. SEC Extends Deadline on Issuance of Warrants & Free e-Dividend Registration Exercise to Dec 31 2017
18. Investment And Growth In Advanced Economies