Thursday, August 31,
2017 10:49AM / Union Bank Plc
Following the announcement that it will float a N50 billion rights issue in 2017, Union Bank has now received the required approvals from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to move forward on raising the Tier 1 capital. The Bank anticipates that the Rights Issue will be open for subscription in September 2017.
During the offer period, 12.1 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each will be available at N4.10 per share, on the basis of five new shares for every seven shares held. The Qualification Date for the Rights Issue, which has already been announced by The Nigerian Stock Exchange, is August 21, 2017.
Commenting on the SEC approval, Mr. Emeka Emuwa, Chief Executive Officer said, “The approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission brings us to the final stages of this important transaction for Union Bank which is critical to our short to medium term business objectives. The capital raised from the rights issue will support our strategy to accelerate business growth and position Union Bank as a leading commercial bank in Nigeria.”
Chapel Hill Advisory Partners Limited is the Lead Issuing House to the Bank; and FSDH Merchant Bank Limited and Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited are the Joint Issuing Houses.
2. UBN declares N9.2billion PAT in Q2 2017 Results,(SP:N5.43k)
3. UBN declares N4.52 billion PAT in Q1 2017 Results,(SP:N5.00k)
4. Union Bank of Nigeria Plc 2016 FY Conference Call & Earnings Presentation - The Key Takeaways
5. UBN Declares N15.39 billion PAT in 2016 Audited Results; Grows PAT by 7.6%(SP:N5.00k)
6. Union Bank Wins Most Efficient Bank in E-Reference Operations Award
7. UBN declares N13.01 billion PAT in Q3'16 result,(SP:N4.50k)
8. UBN declares N8.76 billion PAT in Q2'16 result,(SP:N4.50k)
9. Union Bank Plc Q4 15 Conference Call Earnings Presentation The key takeaways
10. UBN declares N13.98 billion PAT in 2015 Audited Result SP N5.60k
11. Union Bank appoints New Chairman
12. UNION BANK to showcase Simpler Smarter Solutions at the Lagos International Trade Fair
13. Union Bank launches UnionKorrect for Simple and Smart Saving
14. UBN Grows PAT by 15.5 in Q3 15 Result SP N5 67k