Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter Proshare - Google+ Proshare - Linked In Proshare - RSS Feed

BAGCO: N7.27 bn IPO opens Nov 7


November 06, 2007/Vanguard



The Initial Public Offer (IPO) of Nigerian Bag Manufacturing Company Plc (BAGCO) is to commence November 7, 2007. The company is offering to the public 1.87 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N3.90 per share. This was after its shareholders approved its decision to raise the funds through the capital market. The offer which is scheduled to close on 14th of December 2007, is 80 per cent underwritten on a firm basis by Zenith Bank Plc.


The offer, according to the offer document, is undertaken to give investors opportunity to become part owners of the company which is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc. After the conclusion of offer, Flour Mills 100 per cent holdings will be reduced to 70 per cent while the remaining 30 per cent will belong to investors in the IPO.



The Managing Director of the company, MR. Peter Soutar Low, disclosed that the proceeds of the offer would be utilised to settle current deposits which it incurred in the process of the making the company an efficient manufacturer of different types of bags.



He said, “The estimated net proceeds of the offer of N6.95 billion after deducting the cost of the offer, estimated at N320.76 million will be utilised in the repayment of loans valued at N6.26 billion, representing 90 per cent of the offer proceeds, while N695.27 million representing 10 per cent would be used as working capital, in addition to the fact that it will make it possible for the company to meet the requirements for listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).



It forecasts a turnover of N12.46 billion, N15.45 billion and N17.15 billion for years 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively and a profit after tax of N1.07 billion, N1.67 billion and N1.89 billion respectively.



It promises to pay its shareholders a dividend of 17 kobo per share in the 2008 and 2009 financial year while they will be enjoying a dividend of 18 kobo per share in 2010.



It disclosed that with the coming on stream of United Cement Company of Nigeria Limited (UNICEM) in 2008, its bottom line will be boosted considerably, as it is the supplier of first choice to the company. “In addition to its existing markets, Bagco is supplier of first choice to UNICEM which is due to come on stream in 2008 and it is ready to take advantage of this.



It is generally accepted that Nigeria’s appetite for cement will continue to grow strongly for the foreseeable future.  In conjunction with its dominance of its core market, it is embarking on other areas of packaging. Bagco Morpack will produce high quality film packaging for the consumer products industry,” The prospectus noted. 

Related News