Monday, November 26, 2018 8:00AM / Proshare WebTV
On September 27, 2018, the management of United Capital one of Pan-Africa’s leading investment banking groups, engaged the media on the roll out of its upgraded version of “InvestNow” App. This was part of its strategy to reach out to a wider market in Nigeria and across Sub-Saharan Africa and create value in the financial market.
Invest Now is an online investment portfolio management platform powered by United Capital Plc. A unique platform that has product covering Securities, Money Market Fund, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning, Balanced Fund, Equity Fund and Online Wills Creation.
It is a redesigned version of the previous trading portal which caters to all the segments of people across Nigeria with the aim of empowering users to make the right investment decisions that will guarantee their financial freedom.
The Actionable points on the InvestNow are Online Automated Recurrent Funding, Live Trading & Realtime Recommendations and Mutual funds Subscription & Redemption and Multiple Account Linking to a Single Dashboard.
1. InvestNow tracks changes in the equities market by the second and makes stock recommendations that human observers could never constantly provide.
2. InvestNow allows linking and management of accounts across multiple investment classes across dependents and wards from a single dashboard
3. Investnow facilitates mutual funds trading
4. InvestNow allows for automated recurrent funding on daily, weekly or monthly intervals from any banks credit/debit card to one or many investment accounts
5. InvestNow was upgraded to an EV level 3 certificate, which is the highest level and is insured at $50,000.
Following a cursory review by Proshare’s Research team, it was observed that the InvestNow App is more focused on accounts and portfolios and links the accounts of users seamlessly while facilitating trades in equities and mutual funds. It was also noticed that money market securities cannot be traded on the platform and it does not incorporate purchase price in the equity portfolio. In addition, the app does not provide any connection with investment data or news updates which can allow investors easily see the performance of the securities they trade on.
Though the InvestNow App is a veritable and innovative platform which should go a long way in driving financial inclusion and increase market participation especially at this time when the market needs more retail investors; it is expected that there will be further upgrades to include other securities which will afford users a variety of investment options.