Wednesday, December 14, 2016 445 PM / Access Bank Plc
Access Bank has won the World Finance Award for the ‘Best Sustainable Bank of the Year 2016’.The award was received by the Bank at the London Stock Exchange in the United Kingdom.
The award focuses on the role of commercial and investment banks in sustainable development examining recent trends in banking and sustainable development, innovative banking practices, and events that have shaped the role of the banking sector in sustainable development.
Group Managing Director/CEO of Access Bank, Herbert Wigwe said, “Winning this award for the third year in a row reinforces our position as a leader in Sustainability in the Nigerian banking industry while validating the Bank’s sustained commitment to responsible business practices.”
“We are proud of the international awards and accolades that we continue to receive in recognition of our leadership position in the banking sector. Global recognition not only reflects our profound understanding of the Nigerian market and its dynamics but also speaks to our ability to better serve our customers,” Wigwe added.
The World Finance Awards was created in 2007 to identify industry leaders, individuals, teams and organisations that represent the benchmark of achievement and best practice in the financial and business world.
Prior to winning this award, Access Bank won ‘won in 3 categories of the EMEA Finance African Banking award in the Pan-African Region: the ‘CEO of the Year’, awarded to Access Bank’s Group Managing Director and CEO, Herbert Wigwe;‘Best Bank in Nigeria’ and ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’.
The Bank also emerged as‘Bank of The Year – Nigeria 2016’ atthe annual Bank of the Year awardsby The Banker magazine, apublication of the Financial Times Group
1. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016, Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
2. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016 Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
3. Access Bank Plc - Key Takeaways from Investor Conference
4. FO Access Bank and Others Turn to the Bond Market
5. ACCESS declares N57.09 billion PAT in Q3 2016 Results SP N5.70k
6. Access Bank Plc Successfully Raises US 300m Eurobond
7. Access Bank Plans to Sell 19 Stake in Ghana Unit in IPO
8. Access Bank Announces Exchange Offer and Minimum New Issue Yield
9. Access Bank Plc -Tapping the Eurobond Current
10. Access Bank to Raise New Euro Bond