Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:50 PM / Access Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc, one of Nigeria’s largest financial services institutions, has been recognised as ‘Bank of The Year – Nigeria 2016’ by The Banker Magazine, apublication of the Financial Times Group.
The announcement was made at the seventeenth annual Bank of the Year awards black-tie dinner, held recently in London and attended by senior bankers from around the world.
The award celebrates Nigeria’s most inventive bank taking into consideration its comprehensive earnings data, asset and Tier 1 capital growth, and returns on equity. The Banker editorial team also looked for evidence of banks setting new standards for their local industries, whether it was by using new technology or coming up with innovative, cost-efficient ways of expanding their businesses.
Group Managing Director/CEO for Access Bank Plc, Herbert Wigwe, said, “Winning this is a recognition of our commitment to delivering banking excellence to our customers. We remain focused on the realization of our strategic intent of becoming “Most Respected African” and continue to explore opportunities in markets and sectors across the continent that will enable us achieve this vision.”
Speaking at the awards presentation, foremost BBC News journalist, Michael Buerk commended Access Bank for winning the award noting that it was in recognition of its various development initiatives across its home markets.
The Banker is a global financial intelligence magazine that provides global bank ratings and analysis. It is the definitive reference on international banking for global high level decision makers. According to the magazine, the aim of the award ceremony is to highlight industry wide excellence within the global banking community.
World Finance Names Access Bank as Best Sustainable Bank 2016
2. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016, Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
3. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016 Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
4. Access Bank Plc - Key Takeaways from Investor Conference
5. FO Access Bank and Others Turn to the Bond Market
6. ACCESS declares N57.09 billion PAT in Q3 2016 Results SP N5.70k
7. Access Bank Plc Successfully Raises US 300m Eurobond
8. Access Bank Plans to Sell 19 Stake in Ghana Unit in IPO
9. Access Bank Announces Exchange Offer and Minimum New Issue Yield
10. Access Bank Plc -Tapping the Eurobond Current
11. Access Bank to Raise New Euro Bond