Sunday, February 12 2017/ 3:20PM /NBS
The Nigerian Bulk Electricity invoices and payment from generating companies (GENCOs) to distribution companies (DISCOs) and offtakers for 2016 has reflected that an invoice of N30.51bn was issued by the generating companies (GENCOs) to the offtakers while a payment of N2bn and a debit note of N1.12bn for Net GENCOS imports was made with a balance N27.3bn recorded at the end of 2016.
Similarly, an invoice of N331.02bn was issued by the generating companies (GENCOs) to the distribution companies (DISCOs) while a payment of N88.03bn was made with a balance N242.97bn recorded at the end of 2016.
The generating companies (GENCOs) issued a total invoice of N331bn to the distribution companies (DISCOs) with the DISCOs share of the total invoice put at N331bn while payment of N88.03bn was received with a balance of N242.97bn recorded at the end of the period under review.
Similarly, the generating companies (GENCOs) issued a total invoice of N361.52bn with the offtakers share of the total invoice put at N30.2bn while payment N2bn was received with a balance of N27.39bn recorded at the end of 2016.
Click Here to Download Bulk Electricity Invoices & Payment 2016 (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
2. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
3. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
4. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
5. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
6. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
7. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
8. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
9. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
10. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
11. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
12. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Dangote’s Joe Makoju Advocates Restructuring & Better Funding of the Power Sector For Stable Supply
2. Senate President's Speech at a 2-Day Stakeholder Workshop on the Power Sector
3. Nigeria Strategy Report H1 2017 (7) - Energy Sector Reforms: An Unbalanced Score Card
4. Am I to Expect Improved Power Supply in 2017?
5. Gas Not the Only Solution